Enigma 1.20 for Mac OSX

David Perry-7
Hi,

1. Any idea how long before Enigma 1.20 for OSX ? Are we talking months  or years?

2. is anybody working on porting Enigma to iPad ? Is it even possible?

Thanks, David Perry

Re: Enigma 1.20 for Mac OSX

shadowphrogg32642342@gmail.com
1. don't know, don't care.
2. As it was said previously, it is impossible due to the mutually exclusive nature of apple's licence and GPL. However, there's a quite good android port: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.enigmagame.enigma
it's a sad thing that it looks a little bit dead (last updated 2011/11/17). I'll try to contact the dev on the 1.20 release.

On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 12:11 AM, david <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

1. Any idea how long before Enigma 1.20 for OSX ? Are we talking months  or years?

2. is anybody working on porting Enigma to iPad ? Is it even possible?

Thanks, David Perry

Re: Enigma 1.20 for Mac OSX

Daniel Heck
On 05.04.2013 01:56, [hidden email] wrote:
> 1. don't know, don't care.

Enigma has a relatively strong following among OS X users, so this is a
legitimate question. Even if *you* don't care, I don't see a need for
snide comments like this.

I don't know what the current status of the OS X port is, but I think it
should be possible to put together a release in a reasonable time frame,
say, a couple of weeks. It's already on my todo list, but I haven't
gotten around to it yet.

Cheers, Daniel

> 2. As it was said previously, it is impossible due to the mutually
> exclusive nature of apple's licence and GPL. However, there's a quite
> good android port:
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.enigmagame.enigma
> it's a sad thing that it looks a little bit dead (last updated
> 2011/11/17). I'll try to contact the dev on the 1.20 release.
>

> On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 12:11 AM, david <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     1. Any idea how long before Enigma 1.20 for OSX ? Are we talking
>     months  or years?
>
>     2. is anybody working on porting Enigma to iPad ? Is it even possible?
>
>     Thanks, David Perry

Re: Enigma 1.20 for Mac OSX

Daniel Heck
Hi all,

as promised, I spent a few hours on Sunday to put together a release of Enigma for OS X - only Intel, sorry PPC users :/

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18172520/Enigma-1.2.dmg

Please note that this is only a test release and the link will disappear eventually. It works for me, both on 10.7 and 10.8, but could somebody/everybody with access to OS X (preferably a non-developer machine) download it and give it a whirl?

Thanks,
Daniel

On Apr 5, 2013, at 7:02 PM, Daniel Heck wrote:

> On 05.04.2013 01:56, [hidden email] wrote:
>> 1. don't know, don't care.
>
> Enigma has a relatively strong following among OS X users, so this is a legitimate question. Even if *you* don't care, I don't see a need for snide comments like this.
>
> I don't know what the current status of the OS X port is, but I think it should be possible to put together a release in a reasonable time frame, say, a couple of weeks. It's already on my todo list, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.
>
> Cheers, Daniel
>

>> 2. As it was said previously, it is impossible due to the mutually
>> exclusive nature of apple's licence and GPL. However, there's a quite
>> good android port:
>> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.enigmagame.enigma
>> it's a sad thing that it looks a little bit dead (last updated
>> 2011/11/17). I'll try to contact the dev on the 1.20 release.
>>

>> On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 12:11 AM, david <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>>    Hi,
>>
>>    1. Any idea how long before Enigma 1.20 for OSX ? Are we talking
>>    months  or years?
>>
>>    2. is anybody working on porting Enigma to iPad ? Is it even possible?
>>
>>    Thanks, David Perry

Re: Enigma 1.20 for Mac OSX

Timm Ganske
Hello Daniel,

on my system (Intel Core2Duo 2.16 20" 10.6.8) it closes (crashes) directly after opening. You meant not only sorry PPC but also sorry all below 10.7 or what does that mean? Log see below

Thanx for the time and effort of course ;)

Regards Timm

09.04.13 22:33:56 [0x0-0x722121a].application/x-vnd.enigma.oxyd[54115] dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libcurl.4.dylib
09.04.13 22:33:56 [0x0-0x722121a].application/x-vnd.enigma.oxyd[54115]  Referenced from: /Users/<anonymized>/Desktop/Enigma.app/Contents/MacOS/enigma
09.04.13 22:33:56 [0x0-0x722121a].application/x-vnd.enigma.oxyd[54115]  Reason: Incompatible library version: enigma requires version 7.0.0 or later, but libcurl.4.dylib provides version 6.0.0

Am 09.04.2013 um 16:35 schrieb Daniel Heck:

Hi all,

as promised, I spent a few hours on Sunday to put together a release of Enigma for OS X - only Intel, sorry PPC users :/

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18172520/Enigma-1.2.dmg

Please note that this is only a test release and the link will disappear eventually. It works for me, both on 10.7 and 10.8, but could somebody/everybody with access to OS X (preferably a non-developer machine) download it and give it a whirl?

Thanks,
Daniel

On Apr 5, 2013, at 7:02 PM, Daniel Heck wrote:

> On 05.04.2013 01:56, [hidden email] wrote:
>> 1. don't know, don't care.
>
> Enigma has a relatively strong following among OS X users, so this is a legitimate question. Even if *you* don't care, I don't see a need for snide comments like this.
>
> I don't know what the current status of the OS X port is, but I think it should be possible to put together a release in a reasonable time frame, say, a couple of weeks. It's already on my todo list, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.
>
> Cheers, Daniel
>

>> 2. As it was said previously, it is impossible due to the mutually
>> exclusive nature of apple's licence and GPL. However, there's a quite
>> good android port:
>> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.enigmagame.enigma
>> it's a sad thing that it looks a little bit dead (last updated
>> 2011/11/17). I'll try to contact the dev on the 1.20 release.
>>

>> On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 12:11 AM, david <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>>   Hi,
>>
>>   1. Any idea how long before Enigma 1.20 for OSX ? Are we talking
>>   months  or years?
>>
>>   2. is anybody working on porting Enigma to iPad ? Is it even possible?
>>
>>   Thanks, David Perry

Re: Enigma 1.20 for Mac OSX

Daniel Heck
Hi Timm,

That's what I feared actually. Supporting older OSX releases is possible
I think, but I will have to do some research how this works exactly

thanks for at least trying...
Daniel

On 09.04.2013 22:40, Timm Ganske wrote:

> Hello Daniel,
>
> on my system (Intel Core2Duo 2.16 20" 10.6.8) it closes (crashes) directly after opening. You meant not only sorry PPC but also sorry all below 10.7 or what does that mean? Log see below
>
> Thanx for the time and effort of course ;)
>
> Regards Timm
>
> 09.04.13 22:33:56 [0x0-0x722121a].application/x-vnd.enigma.oxyd[54115] dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libcurl.4.dylib
> 09.04.13 22:33:56 [0x0-0x722121a].application/x-vnd.enigma.oxyd[54115]  Referenced from: /Users/<anonymized>/Desktop/Enigma.app/Contents/MacOS/enigma
> 09.04.13 22:33:56 [0x0-0x722121a].application/x-vnd.enigma.oxyd[54115]  Reason: Incompatible library version: enigma requires version 7.0.0 or later, but libcurl.4.dylib provides version 6.0.0

Re: Enigma 1.20 for Mac OSX

Sidney Markowitz
Daniel,

If you do succeed in getting a good build for MacOS X could you please email
me with the details of how you did that? I have been building the Mac release
versions until now, but have not  been successful since the latest release of
SDL. Your experience may or may not help me, as I am running 10.6 on my build
machine, but I would like to try to figure out if there is a way I can
generate builds again.

Thanks,

 Sidney