Error after the first key added to a DB

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Error after the first key added to a DB

Alexander Shikoff
Hello,

I've just installed sks for a first time.

I suceccfully added first key:

2010-12-26 14:43:30 Handling /pks/add for 1 keys
2010-12-26 14:43:30 /pks/add: key 743FC5B2B546822E9C705C1C75D48998 added to database
2010-12-26 14:43:30 Applying 1 changes
2010-12-26 14:43:30 Adding hash 743FC5B2B546822E9C705C1C75D48998

After that error appeared in log file:
2010-12-26 14:43:32 <mail transmit keys> error in callback.: Failure("No partners specified")
2010-12-26 14:43:42 <mail transmit keys> error in callback.: Failure("No partners specified")
2010-12-26 14:43:52 <mail transmit keys> error in callback.: Failure("No partners specified")

Trying to get rid of it I created empty 'membership' file in base directory,
but without success:
2010-12-26 16:45:27 Failed to find mtime, can't decide whether to load mailsync file
2010-12-26 16:45:27 <mail transmit keys> error in callback.: Failure("No partners specified")

How to disable mailsync at all? Thanks in advance!

--
MINO-RIPE

_______________________________________________
Sks-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/sks-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error after the first key added to a DB

Sebastian Urbach
On Sun, 26 Dec 2010 16:46:41 +0200
Alexander Shikoff <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Alexander,
> How to disable mailsync at all? Thanks in advance!

I could just say "RTFM" but that wouldn't be fair ;-) Just start sks
with the following option:

-disable_mailsync

--

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / yours sincerely

Sebastian Urbach

----------------------------------------------------------
One word of truth shall outweigh the whole world
----------------------------------------------------------
Alexander Issajewitsch Solschenizyn (1918 - 2008)
Mathematiker, Schriftsteller und Nobelpreisträger

_______________________________________________
Sks-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/sks-devel

signature.asc (853 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error after the first key added to a DB

John Clizbe-2
In reply to this post by Alexander Shikoff
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA256

Alexander Shikoff wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've just installed sks for a first time.
>
> I successfully added first key:
>
> 2010-12-26 14:43:30 Handling /pks/add for 1 keys 2010-12-26 14:43:30
> /pks/add: key 743FC5B2B546822E9C705C1C75D48998 added to database 2010-12-26
> 14:43:30 Applying 1 changes 2010-12-26 14:43:30 Adding hash
> 743FC5B2B546822E9C705C1C75D48998
>
> After that error appeared in log file: 2010-12-26 14:43:32 <mail transmit
> keys> error in callback.: Failure("No partners specified") 2010-12-26
> 14:43:42 <mail transmit keys> error in callback.: Failure("No partners
> specified") 2010-12-26 14:43:52 <mail transmit keys> error in callback.:
> Failure("No partners specified")
>
> Trying to get rid of it I created empty 'membership' file in base directory,
> but without success: 2010-12-26 16:45:27 Failed to find mtime, can't decide
> whether to load mailsync file 2010-12-26 16:45:27 <mail transmit keys> error
> in callback.: Failure("No partners specified")
>
> How to disable mailsync at all? Thanks in advance!
>


Looks like more than mailsync is your problem

In sksconf include the following two lines

    disable_mailsync:
    initial_stat:

touch mailsync # some older versions gripe if they can't find the file

It appears you have only loaded a single key, before you can synchronize you
need to load the key database from another keyserver. keyserver.de is the most
recent. ftp.prato.linux.it dumps Wednesday mornings IIRC.

Once you've loaded a dump, you need some peers before you can run 'db recon'.
There is a pretty good page of documentation at the project's Google Code page:
http://code.google.com/p/sks-keyserver/wiki/Peering

Here's a freebie without asking the list:

keyserver.gingerbear.net 11370 # John P. Clizbe <[hidden email]> 0xD6569825

You'll need to send me the same information before your server can talk to my
servers.

Good luck,

- -John

Write back if you're still having problems.

- --
John P. Clizbe                      Inet: John (a) GingerBear DAWT net
FSF Assoc #995 / FSFE Fellow #1797  hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net  or
     mailto:[hidden email]?subject=HELP

Q:"Just how do the residents of Haiku, Hawai'i hold conversations?"
A:"An odd melody / island voices on the winds / surplus of vowels"
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.12-svn5502-2010-12-23 (Windows XP)
Comment: When cryptography is outlawed, bayl bhgynjf jvyy unir cevinpl!
Comment: Be part of the £€37 ECHELON -- Use Strong Encryption.
Comment: It's YOUR right - for the time being.
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/

iF4EAREIAAYFAk0YElEACgkQ614Z89ZWmCXOTgD+IZ2CrqPEglFboI5PZPLtZVWy
Shv0bFBi1+W3WUx3bSQA/2hb3kjiT7Jz5fN1MyffQKIcnh8D8HTlShqqQLtTWDtV
=VKlo
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

_______________________________________________
Sks-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/sks-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error after the first key added to a DB

Sebastian Urbach
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

On Sun, 26 Dec 2010 22:13:13 -0600
John Clizbe <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

> It appears you have only loaded a single key, before you can synchronize you
> need to load the key database from another keyserver. keyserver.de is the most
> recent. ftp.prato.linux.it dumps Wednesday mornings IIRC.

Hi, a little typo. It's key-server.de and indeed i dump every friday
and it should be quite accurate now.

> Here's a freebie without asking the list:

If you are interested in you can use my server also:

key-server.de 11370 # Sebastian Urbach <[hidden email]>
0x902916AB

> You'll need to send me the same information before your server can talk to my
> servers.

Same here, please send me your information if you are ready to run.
Every new keyserver is a good one :-)

- --

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / yours sincerely

Sebastian Urbach

- ----------------------------------------------------------
One word of truth shall outweigh the whole world
- ----------------------------------------------------------
Alexander Issajewitsch Solschenizyn (1918 - 2008)
Mathematiker, Schriftsteller und Nobelpreisträger
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)
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=u7yp
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

_______________________________________________
Sks-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/sks-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error after the first key added to a DB

Alexander Shikoff
In reply to this post by Sebastian Urbach
On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 09:10:17PM +0100, Sebastian Urbach wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Dec 2010 16:46:41 +0200
> Alexander Shikoff <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Alexander,
> > How to disable mailsync at all? Thanks in advance!
>
> I could just say "RTFM" but that wouldn't be fair ;-) Just start sks
> with the following option:
>
> -disable_mailsync

Thanks!
This option is not described in man sks.

I have one more problem: I cannot search a key from PGP Desktop 10.0.
In log file I'm getting:
2010-12-27 11:01:42 Error handling request (GET,/pks/lookup?op=get&exact=off&search=Alexand,[
cache-control:max-age=259200
connection:keep-alive
host:relay.eltrade.com.ua:11371
user-agent:PGP (Windows)
via:1.0 uos.net.ua:3128 (squid/2.7.STABLE7)
x-forwarded-for:92.249.65.105]): No keys found

But the key exists in database:
# strings sks-dump-0000.pgp|grep Alexand
'Alexander Shikoff <[hidden email]>

I've thought that it could be problem of PGP Desktop 10.0, but searching
on another servers (for example key-server.de) works perfectly.

My sksconf has only 2 options:
disable_mailsync:
dontgossip:

Please, advice. Thanks!

--
MINO-RIPE

_______________________________________________
Sks-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/sks-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error after the first key added to a DB

Phil Pennock-17
On 2010-12-27 at 11:09 +0200, Alexander Shikoff wrote:
> # strings sks-dump-0000.pgp|grep Alexand
> 'Alexander Shikoff <[hidden email]>
>
> I've thought that it could be problem of PGP Desktop 10.0, but searching
> on another servers (for example key-server.de) works perfectly.

% gpg --keyserver=hkp://relay.eltrade.com.ua:11371 --search-keys Alexander
gpg: searching for "Alexander" from hkp server relay.eltrade.com.ua
(1) Alexander Shikoff <[hidden email]>
          1024 bit DSA key 0x1E9D1C1D, created: 2010-12-26
Keys 1-1 of 1 for "Alexander".  Enter number(s), N)ext, or Q)uit > 1
gpg: requesting key 0x1E9D1C1D from hkp server relay.eltrade.com.ua
gpg: key 0x1E9D1C1D: public key "Alexander Shikoff <[hidden email]>" imported
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:               imported: 1
%

The key is present.  You're trying to search on a sub-string of the
name.  You need to supply a full name component.

-Phil

_______________________________________________
Sks-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/sks-devel