Exception: '[Errno 28] No space left on device'

Exception: '[Errno 28] No space left on device'

Michel Thadeu Sabchuk
Hi guys,

I am facing a weird problem. I configure my directory structure like this:

/mnt/hdc2/backupWithRdiff/
  \--> makeBackup.sh
  \--> backup/

The "makeBackup.sh" script runs the backup and stores it in
/mnt/hdc2/backupWithRdiff/backup. The problem is that I can copy a
file to /mnt/hdc2/backupWithRdiff/ but cannot copy a file to
/mnt/hdc2/backupWithRdiff/backup/, it seems the disk is full but a df
tells me there is 2.4GB in the partition.

The most strange thing is that the backupWithRdiff is not full but its
subdirectory backup is. What could be happening?

Thanks in advance.
--
Michel Thadeu Sabchuk
Curitiba - Brasil

Re: Exception: '[Errno 28] No space left on device'

Ben Escoto

> I am facing a weird problem. I configure my directory structure like this:
>
> /mnt/hdc2/backupWithRdiff/
>   \--> makeBackup.sh
>   \--> backup/
>
> The "makeBackup.sh" script runs the backup and stores it in
> /mnt/hdc2/backupWithRdiff/backup. The problem is that I can copy a
> file to /mnt/hdc2/backupWithRdiff/ but cannot copy a file to
> /mnt/hdc2/backupWithRdiff/backup/, it seems the disk is full but a df
> tells me there is 2.4GB in the partition.
>
> The most strange thing is that the backupWithRdiff is not full but its
> subdirectory backup is. What could be happening?
Well, I personally have no idea (assuming that those directories are
all in the same partition).  Have you tried fscking hdc2?

Anyway, this doesn't seem to have anything to do with rdiff-backup in
particular.  (I'm not trying to scold you for posting to the list,
just suggesting that you ask your non-rdiff-backup friends also if you
haven't already.)

--
Ben Escoto