Exception 'Path: C:/.ssh, just after start of rdiff

Exception 'Path: C:/.ssh, just after start of rdiff

Frank Soyer
Hi list,

I've exactly the same problem as Heri Bender : https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/rdiff-backup-users/2015-03/msg00000.html.
This append between a backup server (which initiates the rdiff-backup command) to a windows 8 client. In fact, I found that this ".ssh" isn't at root level, but in the user home directory. This is the .ssh traditional directory used by openssh (installed on the windows side) for authenticating with keys (the authorized_keys file). So I can't remove it. I'm sure about that because I've create in this home dir a ".aaaa" directory, listed before .ssh, and know rdiff-backup complains on .aaaa.

So. here is the command :
rdiff-backup -v5 --force --create-full-path --no-acls --print-statistics --include "c:/datas" --exclude "c:/**" --remote-schema "ssh -p 22 %s rdiff-backup --server" user@windows_client::c:/ /mnt/backup
I've tried absolutly all combinations of syntax for the --include and "windows_client::c:/" (including escape char, like c:\/, c:\\/, and so on) with no luke.
On the backup server (Debian 5.0.8) this is a 1.2.5 version of rdiff (can't upgrade this server for now), on the windows this is a 1.2.8.
Now, backuping a subdir (user@windows_client::c:/datas) works fine. But I have more than one directory to backup, with this solution there are not in the same backup folder, with a unique rdiff-backup-data. You see ? Not what I want.

Thank you for all suggestions !
Frank

Re: Exception 'Path: C:/.ssh, just after start of rdiff

Dominic Raferd-3
I am not a python coder sadly, but the fault appears to be generated by this line in fs_abilities.py:

assert letter_rp.lstat(), letter_rp

I would suggest commenting out this line, as it is just an error test, and in this case it may be a 'false positive', but of course this is not so easy for you because you are running rdiff-backup.exe under windows. Are you able to install Cygwin and its rdiff-backup? Then you should be able to edit fs_abilities.py and run rdiff-backup from cygwin prompt and see if this helps.

On 10 December 2015 at 20:24, Frank Soyer <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

You were right Dominic, maybe not exactly as you thought. In fact, just switching to the cygwin version solved the issue.
So : I removed rdiff exe directory, uninstalled win32-openssh, installed cygwin, in it installed and configured openssh (http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/41560/how-to-get-ssh-command-line-access-to-windows-7-using-cygwin/) and installed rdiff-backup (https://katastrophos.net/andre/blog/2005/11/02/rdiff-backup-on-windows/).
And go !

Thanks.
Frank