External Camera and screen for Linphone Android

External Camera and screen for Linphone Android

BASIL M VARGHESE
Hi there

I am working on a project using Linphone Android(Video conferencing). I wanted to use an external IP camera, screen, mic and speaker for conferences. The data buffers (phone - above given peripherals) can be sent and read using UDP/FTP port.  But I am confused about where to start.

I was thinking about reimplementing various JNIWrappers (for video capture and playback) and make the native function call from them in the same way current wrappers do. So basically in Linphone's mediastreamer pipeline, the endpoint filters will be reimplemented. This way, there will be no change in the codec part and streaming part.

Is this really the best way to approach the problem? Any bits of advice on implementing this?

Best Regards

Basil M Varghese
IIT ROPAR
Contact: +91-8872786225

Re: External Camera and screen for Linphone Android

Elisa Nectoux
Hi Basil,

Thank you for your interest in Linphone.
Yes, reimplementing filters in Mediastreamer2 is the right approach. If you need technical help, please note that we propose a development assistance service. You may fill in the contact form from our website if you are interested (https://www.linphone.org/contact).

Best regards,

Elisa Nectoux
Sales & Marketing

Belledonne Communications, the company behind the Linphone project