Extraction of SKS Keys from Dump File (MPI too large)

Extraction of SKS Keys from Dump File (MPI too large)

Michael Schoenberg
To Whom It May Concern:

Some time ago, I posted to this mailing list (post titled "PGP Database
Dump Request") attempting to obtain a keydump of a current SKS server,
and was successful.  I have managed to set up an SKS server on one of my
machines and am able to query it.  However, I have a problem: I can't
seem to find a way to get a listing of all the keys in the dump files or
on the server!  Running gpg on the dump files gives me most of the keys,
but for several of the dump files (sks-dump-0008.pgp in the 11-13 dump
dies the earliest), gpg aborts with an "mpi too large for this
implementation" error message.  Is there a way around this issue?
Google tells me that it indicates that the file is corrupt, but the
md5sums match those listed for the dump files.

-Michael Schoenberg

Re: Extraction of SKS Keys from Dump File (MPI too large)

Jason Harris
On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 11:14:02PM -0500, Michael Schoenberg wrote:

> machines and am able to query it.  However, I have a problem: I can't
> seem to find a way to get a listing of all the keys in the dump files or
> on the server!  Running gpg on the dump files gives me most of the keys,
> but for several of the dump files (sks-dump-0008.pgp in the 11-13 dump
> dies the earliest), gpg aborts with an "mpi too large for this
> implementation" error message.  Is there a way around this issue?

Yes, use pgpring from Mutt.  Verify the signature:

  ftp://ftp.mutt.org/mutt/devel/mutt-1.5.21.tar.gz.asc
  SHA256 (mutt-1.5.21.tar.gz.asc) = 84fe226d51e5dd7642a29b1f885478cd988d5aee6b26b4e0499d1d1cb14598b5

before building it, of course.

--
Jason Harris           |  PGP:  This _is_ PGP-signed, isn't it?
[hidden email] _|_ Got photons? (TM), (C) 2004