FW: liblinphone sdk 64 bit Android

geraint.white

With the announcement from Google about 64 bit support for apps on the Play Store, I am struggling to get the 4.0.1 SDK working with 64 bit.

See below.

From: "White,G,Geraint,TLB93 R" <[hidden email]>
Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2019 at 16:54
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: liblinphone sdk 64 bit Android

Hi again,

Since sending this email I did actually find a newer version of the liblinphone sdk for Android here: https://www.linphone.org/releases/maven_repository/org/linphone/linphone-sdk-android/.

Updating to 4.2 from 4.0.1 did fix the runtime crash when building for 64 bit, but I have encountered intermittent SIP registration failures that I did not see using 4.0.1.

Is there a version of the SDK that works well on 64 bit systems and also doesn’t have these registration errors (4.0.1 was stable for me but had this 64 bit error).

I hope to hear back soon.

Thanks,

Geraint.

From: "White,G,Geraint,TLB93 R" <[hidden email]>
Date: Friday, 5 July 2019 at 14:55
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
Subject: liblinphone sdk 64 bit Android

Hello,

I am developing a react-native VoIP app using the liblinphone sdk for iOS and Android.

I have integrated version 4.0.3 for iOS and 4.0.1 for Android (the latest versions I can find on the linphone website) and everything worked well.

Google are going to be requiring 64 bit support in all apps on the Play Store starting in August: https://developer.android.com/distribute/best-practices/develop/64-bit.

After adding 64 bit architectures to my build.gradle ("armeabi-v7a", "x86", "arm64-v8a", "x86_64") I tested my app and got some linker errors with liblinphone.

I get the following error and after doing a lot of digging I am unable to work around it:

     Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: dlopen failed: cannot locate symbol "_Unwind_Resume" referenced by "/data/app/com.bt.internal.cve-ONJKnMLzJEl5_vRAs_fT8w==/lib/arm64/libbctoolbox.so"...

        at org.linphone.core.FactoryImpl.<clinit>(Factory.java:272)

        at org.linphone.core.Factory.instance(Factory.java:44)

        at com.bt.reactnative.liblinphone.LinphoneManager.init(LinphoneManager.java:112)

        at com.bt.reactnative.liblinphone.RNLiblinphoneModule.init(RNLiblinphoneModule.java:41)

It occurs in my init method where I call Factory.instance().

I have verified that the 64 bit libraries are included in the .apk:

cid:image001.png@01D53341.A3721070

Have you seen this before and do you have any suggestions for overcoming this problem?

Thank you,

Geraint White.

[...]

Update

I have since found a newer version of the liblinphone sdk for Android here: https://www.linphone.org/releases/maven_repository/org/linphone/linphone-sdk-android/.

Updating to 4.2 from 4.0.1 did fix the runtime crash when building for 64 bit, but I have encountered intermittent SIP registration failures that I did not see using 4.0.1.

Is there a version of the SDK that works well on 64 bit systems and also doesn’t have these registration errors (4.0.1 was stable for me but had this 64 bit error).

Thank you,

Geraint White.

Re: liblinphone sdk 64 bit Android

Elisa Nectoux
Hi everyone,

Just to keep you informed about this request, I confirm that Liblinphone supports 64-bit architectures for Android. Version 4.2 is the reference version.
The issue described at the end of Geraint’s email is a bug, that is under investigation and will be fixed as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Elisa Nectoux
Sales & Marketing

+33 (0)9 52 63 65 05
[hidden email]
Belledonne Communications, the company behind the Linphone project

Le 17 juil. 2019 à 18:39, [hidden email] a écrit :

[...]

<image001.png>