Feature possible? AWS S3 tags on files

duplicity-talk mailing list
Hi there,

i would be interested, if it is possible to add S3 tags to the files duplicity is uploading.
I am thinking to tag
- manifest
- signature
- volume

The idea behind this is, to use Amazon lifecycle rules, to move the volumes into Glacier, to reduce cost on huge backups. The manifest and signatures are used for backup operations, hence should be availabe faster (Than a Glacier restore).
With the tagging I could filter the files.

Would this be possible?

Best regards
Chris

Re: Feature possible? AWS S3 tags on files

duplicity-talk mailing list
Hi there,

Regarding the prefixes, you should possibly update the documentation. The amazon help on prefixes only gives examples with trailing /.
Hence a shallow mind like mine could assume, that you need a trailing forward slash on every prefix. This would not work with duplicity, as it is interpreted as a directory structure.
The documentation could state the following:

The prefix CAN NOT end with a "/" as it will be interpreted as a directory structure (Error "OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory"). Instead please use, e.g. a "-".
Examples in Amazon documentation can give the impression, that the prefix has to end with "/". This is not the case.

Best regards
Chris