Fetch Remote Configuration - QR Code

Shovon Datta Rony
Dear Developers,

I have been trying to register my sip account through linphone with QR code option. I am not sure whether it only works with linphone account or other pbx also. I tried to scan a sip account QR code from Grandstream UCM.

The app could able to fetch the provisioning url from the QR code but when I press the button "FETCH AND APPLY" it's not functioning. The problems happens both android and ios.

Any suggestions on how use that feature properly?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Fetch Remote Configuration - QR Code

Elisa Nectoux
Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Linphone.

The configuration file generated by your Grandstream UCM has to respect Linphone’s configuration file format. I believe that a few adaptations will be required as it is unlikely that the format of the file generated by the Grandstream UCM is compatible « as is ». Once you have adapted your configuration file, scanning the QR Code and fetching the URL should work properly.

To know more about Linphonerc configuration file, please see: <a href="https://wiki.linphone.org/xwiki/wiki/public/view/Lib/Features/Remote Provisioning/" class="">https://wiki.linphone.org/xwiki/wiki/public/view/Lib/Features/Remote%20Provisioning/.
Please note that Sample provisioning file cannot be downloaded at the moment, but we will fix it next week.

Best regards,

Elisa Nectoux
Sales & Marketing

+33 (0)9 52 63 65 05
[hidden email]

Belledonne Communications, the company behind the Linphone project

Le 6 août 2019 à 09:39, Shovon Datta Rony <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Dear Developers,

I have been trying to register my sip account through linphone with QR code option. I am not sure whether it only works with linphone account or other pbx also. I tried to scan a sip account QR code from Grandstream UCM.

The app could able to fetch the provisioning url from the QR code but when I press the button "FETCH AND APPLY" it's not functioning. The problems happens both android and ios.

Any suggestions on how use that feature properly?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Fetch Remote Configuration - QR Code

Linphone-developers
Hi team,

   I require some technical support for my application by linhpone, can you support us ?

   Our app is working with android sdk but not in ios sdk with linphone. So basically issue is that when we set up outgoing call from ios linphone sdk,
call hangup and not connected. it's reach the sip server, but codec not supported by plivo provider.

 So can you tell me, how we can disable codec and protocol from linphone app and set default PCMU and PCMA ?

Thanks
Gaurang Pujara
(Head Of Engineering, Callhippo)

To know more about Linphonerc configuration file, please see: https://wiki.linphone.org/xwiki/wiki/public/view/Lib/Features/Remote%20Provisioning/.
[...]

Hi Elisa,

Is there any documentation about all the options that could go in a provisioning file with their explanation? I see a text on the wiki page you provided: "There are actually lots of configuration items that can modify default behaviors of the Linphone engine. A lot of them are documented on the Linphone website" and the mentioned linked page shows us links for different platforms each pointing to the GitHub repos (+ the same wiki page). And in those repos there seems to be no documentation about the options.

Only the linphone-iphone repo has a doc/CUSTOMIZING.txt file that says to check 2 more files where some options are mentioned with their default values, but no explanation and the list seems incomplete (i.e. half of the entries in the wiki example are not there).

Am I searching in the wrong places or there's actually no documentation about the available options for an auto-provisioning file?

Thanks,
Anatoli

Re: Fetch Remote Configuration - QR Code

Elisa Nectoux
Hi Gaurang,

I have just replied to your colleague Vivek on the other email thread dedicated to this question.

Le 8 août 2019 à 12:46, Gaurang Pujara <[hidden email]> a écrit :

[...]

Hi Anatoli,

Thank you for your interest in Linphone.

The keys understood by liblinphone in a linphonerc configuration file are not officially documented.
We invite developers to refer to our usage examples in apps, for example linphone-iphone/Resources/*.rc files.

Additionally, it is possible to configure a Linphone application manually and then examine the content of the linphonerc file generated by the app, in order to store the configuration.

I hope that this will help.