Field for TAX ID in contacts

Sasa Ostrouska
Hi I was thinking that would be good to have a tax register id field also in the contacts of a third.
Sometimes at least in some countries this is a required field or if not required is a way important one.

In Brasil for example have the CPF number which is a tax id for a person. In Italy there is a Codice Fiscale,
in Slovenija we have Davcna Stevilka (tax number). I think that this field is an important field and should
be present in dolibarr contacts.

What do you think ?

Rgds
Saxa

Re: Field for TAX ID in contacts

Laurent Destailleur (aka Eldy)
In Dolibarr, a contact is in fact just an "address", not a juridical entity.
So, when you say you need a CPF for a person a Codice Fiscale, ...  I think it means this record must not be stored into "contact/address" but into "thirdparty". A third party is not necessarly a company. It can be a physical person.
That's is the reason why we call his "Third party" and not "Company"

Google+: https://plus.google.com/+LaurentDestailleur-Open-Source-Expert/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Destailleur.Laurent
* Dolibarr (Project leader): http://www.dolibarr.org (make a donation for Dolibarr project via Paypal: [hidden email])
* AWStats (Author) : http://awstats.sourceforge.net (make a donation for AWStats project via Paypal: [hidden email])
* AWBot (Author) : http://awbot.sourceforge.net
* CVSChangeLogBuilder (Author) : http://cvschangelogb.sourceforge.net

On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 12:03 AM, Laurent Destailleur (aka Eldy) <[hidden email]> wrote:
In Dolibarr, a contact is in fact just an "address", not a juridical entity.
So, when you say you need a CPF for a person a Codice Fiscale, ...  I think it means this record must not be stored into "contact/address" but into "thirdparty". A third party is not necessarly a company. It can be a physical person.
That's is the reason why we call his "Third party" and not "Company"

Hi Laurent, I understand that, but what happens when you need to use a company employee contact and have this information stored ?
Now we do use the Notes field to list it, but would be nice to have it in its own field.

Rgds
Sasa

[...]

Developpement | Open-DSI
Le 17/11/2016 à 11:38, Sasa Ostrouska a écrit :
Hi Laurent, I understand that, but what happens when you need to use a company employee contact and have this information stored ?
Now we do use the Notes field to list it, but would be nice to have it in its own field.
Why don't you use an extrafield ?

Regards

Philippe

On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 12:37 PM, Developpement | Open-DSI <[hidden email]> wrote:
Le 17/11/2016 à 11:38, Sasa Ostrouska a écrit :
Hi Laurent, I understand that, but what happens when you need to use a company employee contact and have this information stored ?
Now we do use the Notes field to list it, but would be nice to have it in its own field.
Why don't you use an extrafield ?

Regards

Philippe

Philippe, yes I am aware of the extra fields, but the thing is that adding this as an extra field would probably cause problems in the future upgrades and so on. Since IMHO this is a rather important field for a person contact, probably even more important than having skype, phone, fax and other thousand variants of various contacts I would like to get developers or users opinion on why not including such an important field.

I find this field more important than have and birth date field in third contacts.

Le 17/11/2016 à 18:28, Sasa Ostrouska a écrit :
> the thing is that adding this as an extra field would probably cause
> problems in the future upgrades and so on
Why ?? Extra field and their datas are keeped in upgrade... I've made an
upgrade last week from 3.7 to 3.9 for a customer with extrafield in his
database and I didn't lost any informations...

Regards

Philippe

On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 5:32 PM, Developpement | Open-DSI <[hidden email]> wrote:
Le 17/11/2016 à 18:28, Sasa Ostrouska a écrit :
the thing is that adding this as an extra field would probably cause problems in the future upgrades and so on
Why ?? Extra field and their datas are keeped in upgrade... I've made an upgrade last week from 3.7 to 3.9 for a customer with extrafield in his database and I didn't lost any informations...

Maybe extrafiled is more secure to not loose it than the official fields. I had some misconfigurations with official fields from 2.x when upgrading to 3.x and now those fields are still wrong.

Anyway my question is why such an important information is does not make part of the third party contacts ? We have so many different things in it and probably would be good to have also this field.

Rgds
Saxa

Regards

Philippe

Re: Field for TAX ID in contacts

Laurent Destailleur (aka Eldy)
About extrafields, it has become an official feature, so it is secured to used it and support is guaranted like other stable feature.

About your need to have this field in standard, I still don't understand when you may need to have this information on the contact ?
Do you have an example of use case that need this on contact and not on thirdparty ?