File "/usr/local/bin/rdiff-backup", line 20, in ?

File "/usr/local/bin/rdiff-backup", line 20, in ?

j_70
When I am attempting a test backup from Suse 9.1 Pro to WinXP, I get the following error:

linux:~ # rdiff-backup /home/user1/ 192.168.1.140::c:\2004
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/rdiff-backup", line 20, in ?
    import rdiff_backup.Main
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/rdiff_backup/Main.py", line 25, in ?
    import Globals, Time, SetConnections, selection, robust, rpath, \
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/rdiff_backup/SetConnections.py", line 30, in ?
    import Globals, connection, rpath
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/rdiff_backup/connection.py", line 23, in ?
    import types, os, tempfile, cPickle, shutil, traceback, pickle, \
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/gzip.py", line 9, in ?
    import zlib
ImportError: No module named zlib
linux:~ #

Python seems to be running fine and I can get version information from RDIFF, so it is at least somewhat working. Compilation and building went fine, with no error.

linux:~ # python
Python 2.4.2 (#2, Feb 10 2006, 10:39:13)
[GCC 3.3.3 (SuSE Linux)] on linux2

linux:~ # rdiff -V
rdiff (librsync 0.9.7) [i686-pc-linux-gnu]
Copyright (C) 1997-2001 by Martin Pool, Andrew Tridgell and others.
http://rproxy.samba.org/
Capabilities: 64 bit files, bzip2

librsync comes with NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
You may redistribute copies of librsync under the terms of the GNU
Lesser General Public License.  For more information about these
matters, see the files named COPYING.
linux:~ #

Is anyone else having this problem???

Re: File "/usr/local/bin/rdiff-backup", line 20, in ?

Dave Kempe
[hidden email] wrote:

> Python seems to be running fine and I can get version information
> from RDIFF, so it is at least somewhat working. Compilation and
> building went fine, with no error.

you are missing the python-gzip module stuff.
rdiff is not rdiff-backup
what does rdiff-backup -V give you?
also, you might want to look through the archives about win32 and
fsyncing (there is a blog post somewhere about disabling it)
Also, if you get linux -> win32 working I would be impressed - what sshd
are you using? I would have thought a better choice would be cifs or smbfs.

dave

Re: File "/usr/local/bin/rdiff-backup", line 20, in ?

halfgaar
On 02/11/06 19:41, [hidden email] wrote:

>ImportError: No module named zlib

Just a wild guess, but do you have zlib installed (and librsync and
python compiled with it?) :)? rdiff-backup tries to compress it's
metadata by default. Try running with --no-compression. If that works,
than zlib is your problem. The output of rdiff -V you pasted doesn't
contain the zlib functionality, which also implies you don't have zlib.

Also, rdiff is not rdiff-backup. Rdiff is part of librsync, which
rdiff-backup makes use of.