FlexiSIP Apple Push with the official Linphone app

FlexiSIP Apple Push with the official Linphone app

Anatoli
Hi all,

I was reading the docs for FlexiSIP as a Push Gateway and I have a doubt: is it possible to configure push with the official Linphone app from AppStore or is it necessary to publish my own app in order to obtain the certificates for APNS?

Thanks,
Anatoli

Re: FlexiSIP Apple Push with the official Linphone app

Anatoli
Someone? Just need to know if it's possible to make work push for the Linphone app from AppStore with FlexiSIP.

I was reading the docs for FlexiSIP as a Push Gateway and I have a doubt: is it possible to configure push with the official Linphone app from AppStore or is it necessary to publish my own app in order to obtain the certificates for APNS?

Thanks,
Anatoli

Re: FlexiSIP Apple Push with the official Linphone app

jehan.monnier
Hi Anatoli,

« is it possible to configure push with the official Linphone app from AppStore »

No, you have to recompile/sign it with your own voip push certificate.

Cheers

Someone? Just need to know if it's possible to make work push for the Linphone app from AppStore with FlexiSIP.

I was reading the docs for FlexiSIP as a Push Gateway and I have a doubt: is it possible to configure push with the official Linphone app from AppStore or is it necessary to publish my own app in order to obtain the certificates for APNS?

Thanks,
Anatoli

Re: FlexiSIP Apple Push with the official Linphone app

Anatoli
Hi Jehan,

Thanks for the clarification. I think this should be added to the documentation for FlexiSIP, as for those who are not familiar with Apple push this is not quite obvious, before one starts requesting the certs. The documentation says to select an app in the developer account to requests the certs for, but there could be a clarification that one should compile his/her own app using the Linphone source code (maybe linking to the documentation about how to do this) before requesting the certs.

Regards,
Anatoli