Fluidsynth for Android x86

Daniel Garcia Lecloux

Hi,

I tried using Fluidsynth 1.1.9 on Android Studio since it has no complicated dependencies. It works on Android x86_64 but not on Android x86.

I get an error "Couldn't load soundfont file" on x86 and when debugging I see that the sf2 file path is overwritten with garbage, this bug doesn't occur with the x86_64 emulator.

I want to try to solve this bug or get the 2.0.x fluidsynth revision to work on Android Studio. I successfully built for Android on Ubuntu following the instructions in the wiki but I have no idea how to make it work on Android Studio from there.

Any help is appreciated !

Danilecx

Re: Fluidsynth for Android x86

Tom M.
> I tried using Fluidsynth 1.1.9 on Android Studio since it has no complicated dependencies.

What exactly to you mean by "complicated dependencies"?

> I have no idea how to make it work on Android Studio from there.

Did you follow instructions on how to add native code to a project? E.g.:

https://developer.android.com/studio/projects/gradle-external-native-builds

https://expertise.jetruby.com/android-ndk-using-c-c-native-libraries-to-write-android-apps-21550cdd86a

Tom

Re: Fluidsynth for Android x86

Tom M.
Please make sure to reply to the mailing list, rather than to me privately.

> > What exactly to you mean by "complicated dependencies"?
> There's glib, sdl2, etc. Those give me a lot of errors

fluidsynth 1.1.9 also requires glib. SDL2 is an optional requirement of fluidsynth's most recent development version, which hasn't even been released yet. As with every optional requirement, you can disable it by passing -Denable-sdl2=0 to cmake.

> > Did you follow instructions on how to add native code to a project? E.g.:
> I got it working for fluidsynth 1.1.9 thanks to Degill repository<https://github.com/degill/fluidsynth-android-opensles>.

This is a crippled version of fluidsynth, which is hard-coded to report as 1.1.9.

> I don't understand what the "build for android" in the wiki is intended for. I use the source directly in my Android Studio project, not the compiled build.

It demonstrates how to use cmake to cross compile an upstream version of fluidsynth for Android. Due to lacking contributions and my lacking knowledge, information on how to integrate this into an IDE like Android Studio are currently missing. But I'd guess all you need to do is placing the .so files into your project structure depening on the target architecture they've been built for.

Tom