Following up on the Gluster 8 conversation from the community meeting

Following up on the Gluster 8 conversation from the community meeting

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay
I had mentioned that I'll reach out to Amar to urge about making
progress on Gluster 8. We did have a conversation and upon reviewing
the present state of the list of issues/features with the release
label, Amar would be setting up a meeting to obtain a more pragmatic
and reality based plan. It is somewhat obvious that a number of items
listed are not feasible within the current release timeline. Please
wait for the meeting request from Amar.

Community Meeting Calendar:

APAC Schedule -
Every 2nd and 4th Tuesday at 11:30 AM IST
Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/441850968

NA/EMEA Schedule -
Every 1st and 3rd Tuesday at 01:00 PM EDT
Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/441850968

Gluster-devel mailing list

Re: Following up on the Gluster 8 conversation from the community meeting

Amar Tumballi-2

On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 10:55 AM Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay <[hidden email]> wrote:
I had mentioned that I'll reach out to Amar to urge about making
progress on Gluster 8. We did have a conversation and upon reviewing
the present state of the list of issues/features with the release
label, Amar would be setting up a meeting to obtain a more pragmatic
and reality based plan. It is somewhat obvious that a number of items
listed are not feasible within the current release timeline. Please
wait for the meeting request from Amar.

Sankarshan,

Thanks for reviving the thread. As promised in https://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2019-November/056709.html I created a milestone @ https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/milestone/10 and added few possible issues which people can pick up to it.

After the community meeting tomorrow, I will send another email on the same.

Regards,
Amar
---