Full backup after changing gpg key

duplicity-talk mailing list
Dear list members,
I'm using duply for my server backups and unfortunately, I lost the usb drive containing my private key for backup encryption. I created a new keypair si I can revoke the old one and edited the duply config to match the new key id. Backups succeed, but the full backups are just a few hundred kilobytes, while my old backups (encrypted with the old gpg key) were 9gb and 23gb. I already zipped the old backups on the remote storage and emptied /root/.cache/duplicity manually and it even tells me that there are no full backups when I run "duply [profilename] full_verify_purge --force" but when I take a look at the backup size (just over 100kb) I suppose it's just the changes that are being considered here. How can I perform a "real full backup" after changing the gpg key so I can revoke the old one and recycle the old full backup?

Best regards,
Florian

Re: Full backup after changing gpg key

duplicity-talk mailing list
Hello Florian,

On 2017-05-24 22:20, Florian Nolting via Duplicity-talk wrote:
> backup size (just over 100kb) I suppose it's just the changes that are
> being considered here. How can I perform a "real full backup" after
> changing the gpg key so I can revoke the old one and recycle the old
> full backup?

If you look at the status output at the end of your full backup, what
does the information there say about the source file count/size? It
could be that something else (e.g. your directory structure) has changed
somehow and it isn't seeing the source files to back up.

If you run a duply list, does it show all the files you expect?

Kind regards,

Aaron