Gchempaint non-metal problems

gchemutils-main mailing list

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.
Dear Gchempaint developers
I want to know how to remove or add hydrogen atoms to non-metals.I tried to look into the manual but found nothing. So could I decided to ask you for help. Not only that, could you allow us to make and use our own chemical symbols.
Thanks
With regards
Nathan George

Re: Gchempaint non-metal problems

Jean Brefort-2
Hello

The project is unfortunately dead since my retirement from professional
life. The software is actually no longer installed on my computers.

That said, GChempaint enforces the valence of non metals, so it is not
that easy to add extra hydrogen atoms, but you can use the so-called
fragment tool to play with that if the atom has no more than one bond.

You can define your own symbols. Look at "To Manage Residues" in the
manual.

Hope this helps.
Jean