Gerrit and F33 / new openssh

Michael Scherer
Hi,

Upstream openssh deprecated SHA-1 by default on the client and server.
And so Fedora 33 picked the change, resulting in failure on gerrit.

If, after a upgrade to F33 or Rawhide (or any recent distribution, or
OS), you can't access gerrit while it worked before, the trick is to
add:

Host review.gluster.org
    PubkeyAcceptedKeyTypes=+ssh-rsa

Since gerrit is going to be sunset once we move to github, and fixing
this would requires a gerrit upgrade (and it was decided to not spend
time on it), there is not much to do on infra side.
--
Michael Scherer / He/Il/Er/Él
Sysadmin, Community Infrastructure

Community Meeting Calendar:

Schedule -
Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/441850968

Gluster-devel mailing list

Re: Gerrit and F33 / new openssh

Michael Scherer
Le mercredi 30 septembre 2020 à 20:34 +0200, Michael Scherer a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> Upstream openssh deprecated SHA-1 by default on the client and
> server.
> And so Fedora 33 picked the change, resulting in failure on gerrit.
>
> If, after a upgrade to F33 or Rawhide (or any recent distribution, or
> OS), you can't access gerrit while it worked before, the trick is to
> add:
>
> Host review.gluster.org
>     PubkeyAcceptedKeyTypes=+ssh-rsa
>
> Since gerrit is going to be sunset once we move to github, and fixing
> this would requires a gerrit upgrade (and it was decided to not spend
> time on it), there is not much to do on infra side.
And the file where you need to add that is ~/.ssh/config