Glacier restore serial?

duplicity-talk mailing list
I'm restoring from Glacier. Output:

File dataduplicity-full.<timestamp>.vol1.difftar.gpg is in Glacier storage, restoring to S3
Waiting for file dataduplicity-full.<timestamp>.vol1.difftar.gpg to restore from Glacier

Obviously I expected this. But will it wait for this volume to finish restoring from Glacier to S3 (or even to the local machine?) before requesting the next volume?

Can it be made to request a batch in parallel?

Oli

Re: Glacier restore serial?

duplicity-talk mailing list

Hi Oliver,

I happen to be working on this part of Duplicity at the moment and looking into code, it can run only serially. FYI reference into code (for latest 0.8 series head):

https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~duplicity-team/duplicity/0.8-series/view/head:/bin/duplicity#L1309

Best regards,

Radim

On 11/6/18 10:50 PM, Oliver Cole via Duplicity-talk wrote:
I'm restoring from Glacier. Output:

File dataduplicity-full.<timestamp>.vol1.difftar.gpg is in Glacier storage, restoring to S3
Waiting for file dataduplicity-full.<timestamp>.vol1.difftar.gpg to restore from Glacier

Obviously I expected this. But will it wait for this volume to finish restoring from Glacier to S3 (or even to the local machine?) before requesting the next volume?

Can it be made to request a batch in parallel?

Oli

Re: Glacier restore serial?

duplicity-talk mailing list
I've overlooked part of the code. Turns out there is support for
prefetching files from Glacier, broken:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/duplicity/+bug/1713367

I could probably write a patch, but can't test it...