Gluster meetup: India

Sunny Kumar
Hello folks,

We are hosting Gluster meetup at our office (Redhat-BLR-IN) on 25th
September 2019.

Please find the agenda and location detail here [1] and plan accordingly.

The highlight of this event will be Gluster -X we will keep on
updating agenda with topics, so keep an eye on it.

Note:
 * RSVP as YES if attending, this will help us to organize the
facilities better.

If you have any question, please reach out to me or comment on the
event page [1].

Feel free to share this meetup via other channels.

[1]. https://www.meetup.com/glusterfs-India/events/264366771/

/sunny

Community Meeting Calendar:

APAC Schedule -
Every 2nd and 4th Tuesday at 11:30 AM IST
Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/836554017

NA/EMEA Schedule -
Every 1st and 3rd Tuesday at 01:00 PM EDT
Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/486278655

Gluster-devel mailing list

Re: Gluster meetup: India

Sunny Kumar
Hi folks,

A gentle reminder!
Please do RSVP, if planning to attained.

/sunny

Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/118564314

NA/EMEA Schedule -
Every 1st and 3rd Tuesday at 01:00 PM EDT
Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/118564314

Gluster-devel mailing list

Fwd: Gluster meetup: India

Sunny Kumar

Re: Fwd: Gluster meetup: India

Yaniv Kaul
Attached please find a PDF version of my presentation.
Y.

testing and production of RHGS <[hidden email]>, storage-eng
<[hidden email]>, RHS team in Bangalore
<[hidden email]>

Thanks everyone for making this meetup successful! It was a great
event and total participation was 40+. People who joined meetup in
person had a chance to grab gluster goodies.

We started meetup with Atin's talk on current status of gluster. In
second session Yaniv talked about possible candidates of features
landing in Gluster X. 3rd session where Aravinda and Amar talked about
KaDalu (Rethinking gluster management) followed by a demo by Aravinda
on Gluster Dashboard experiment.

We concluded meetup with discussion around user story and migration
from gerrit to github.  I found all session interesting and
informative.

Please find recording of session here[1]. It is divided into 4
separate chapters (sessions).

[1].https://bluejeans.com/s/rotg2

/sunny

On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 4:51 PM Sunny Kumar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> Please find final agenda for gluster meetup here[1] and bluejeans link[2].
>
> [1]. https://www.meetup.com/glusterfs-India/events/264366771/.
>
> [2].  https://bluejeans.com/2114306332.
>
> /sunny
>
> On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 2:49 PM Niels de Vos <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 01:32:04PM +0530, Sunny Kumar wrote:
> > > Hello folks,
> > >
> > > For people who are not able to join meetup in person have good news as
> > > I will be hosting this meeting on bluejeans and all session will be
> > > recorded.
> > >
> > > Details:
> > >
> > > https://bluejeans.com/2114306332
> >
> > That is great, thanks! Could you share the agenda with the time
> > schedule?
> >
> > Niels
> >

> > > To join from a Red Hat Deskphone or Softphone, dial: 84336.
> > > Join Meeting
> > > (Join from computer or phone)
> > > ________________________________
> > >
> > > Connecting directly from a room system?
> > >
> > > 1.) Dial: 199.48.152.152 or bjn.vc
> > > 2.) Enter Meeting ID: 2114306332
> > >
> > > Just want to dial in on your phone?
> > >
> > > 1.) Dial one of the following numbers:
> > >     408-915-6466 (US)
> > >     See all numbers
> > > 2.) Enter Meeting ID: 2114306332
> > > 3.) Press #
> > >
> > > ________________________________
> > > GlusterFS Bangalore Meetup
> > >
> > > Agenda:
> > >
> > > *) Gluster- X Speaker: Yaniv Kaul
> > >
> > > *) Kadalu - k8s storage with Gluster- Speakers: Aravinda & Amar
> > >
> > > *) Discussion Q/A
> > > ________________________________
> > > Want to test your video connection?
> > > https://bluejeans.com/111
> > >

> > > /sunny

Gluster X presentation.pdf (1M) Download Attachment

Re: Fwd: Gluster meetup: India

Aravinda Vishwanathapura Krishna Murthy
Enclosed the slides of the following topics

1. Rethinking Gluster Management using K8s - KaDalu
    Kadalu is a new project to provide storage for Kubernetes by avoiding Glusterd/Glusterd2 layer and using the Kubernetes capabilities. This project started as a demo for Devconf India 2019 event but turns out as a simple solution. Feel free to open feature requests or issues here: https://github.com/kadalu/kadalu/issues

Project repo is here: https://github.com/kadalu/kadalu

2. Gluster dashboard experiment
This project designed for Phoenix Phrenzy contest() using the Elixir Phoenix's new feature called Liveview. This project is not yet complete and not ready for production yet. Comments and suggestions are welcome.

On Fri, Sep 27, 2019 at 11:13 PM Yaniv Kaul <[hidden email]> wrote:
Attached please find a PDF version of my presentation.
Y.

testing and production of RHGS <[hidden email]>, storage-eng
<[hidden email]>, RHS team in Bangalore
<[hidden email]>

Thanks everyone for making this meetup successful! It was a great
event and total participation was 40+. People who joined meetup in
person had a chance to grab gluster goodies.

We started meetup with Atin's talk on current status of gluster. In
second session Yaniv talked about possible candidates of features
landing in Gluster X. 3rd session where Aravinda and Amar talked about
KaDalu (Rethinking gluster management) followed by a demo by Aravinda
on Gluster Dashboard experiment.

We concluded meetup with discussion around user story and migration
from gerrit to github.  I found all session interesting and
informative.

Please find recording of session here[1]. It is divided into 4
separate chapters (sessions).

[1].https://bluejeans.com/s/rotg2

/sunny

On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 4:51 PM Sunny Kumar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> Please find final agenda for gluster meetup here[1] and bluejeans link[2].
>
> [1]. https://www.meetup.com/glusterfs-India/events/264366771/.
>
> [2].  https://bluejeans.com/2114306332.
>
> /sunny
>
> On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 2:49 PM Niels de Vos <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 01:32:04PM +0530, Sunny Kumar wrote:
> > > Hello folks,
> > >
> > > For people who are not able to join meetup in person have good news as
> > > I will be hosting this meeting on bluejeans and all session will be
> > > recorded.
> > >
> > > Details:
> > >
> > > https://bluejeans.com/2114306332
> >
> > That is great, thanks! Could you share the agenda with the time
> > schedule?
> >
> > Niels
> >

> > > To join from a Red Hat Deskphone or Softphone, dial: 84336.
> > > Join Meeting
> > > (Join from computer or phone)
> > > ________________________________
> > >
> > > Connecting directly from a room system?
> > >
> > > 1.) Dial: 199.48.152.152 or bjn.vc
> > > 2.) Enter Meeting ID: 2114306332
> > >
> > > Just want to dial in on your phone?
> > >
> > > 1.) Dial one of the following numbers:
> > >     408-915-6466 (US)
> > >     See all numbers
> > > 2.) Enter Meeting ID: 2114306332
> > > 3.) Press #
> > >
> > > ________________________________
> > > GlusterFS Bangalore Meetup
> > >
> > > Agenda:
> > >
> > > *) Gluster- X Speaker: Yaniv Kaul
> > >
> > > *) Kadalu - k8s storage with Gluster- Speakers: Aravinda & Amar
> > >
> > > *) Discussion Q/A
> > > ________________________________
> > > Want to test your video connection?
> > > https://bluejeans.com/111
> > >

> > > /sunny

regards
Aravinda VK

Community Meeting Calendar:

APAC Schedule -
Every 2nd and 4th Tuesday at 11:30 AM IST
Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/118564314

NA/EMEA Schedule -
Every 1st and 3rd Tuesday at 01:00 PM EDT
Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/118564314

Gluster-devel mailing list

Gluster Dashboard.pdf (308K) Download Attachment
Rethinking Gluster Management using k8s - Gluster Meetup.pdf (759K) Download Attachment