# Gluster Community Meeting - 12/01/2021
### Previous Meeting minutes:
- [Meeting Minutes](https://github.com/gluster/community/blob/master/meetings/2020-12-08-Community-Meeting.md)
### Date/Time: Check the [community calendar](https://calendar.google.com/event?action=TEMPLATE&tmeid=MDQ0YmRydTllMXYzdWFoMmpsbjdqNXJlYmNfMjAyMDEwMjdUMDkwMDAwWiBzYWptb2hhbUByZWRoYXQuY29t&tmsrc=sajmoham%40redhat.com&scp=ALL)
- 2nd / 4th Tuesday's, 02:30PM IST
- Bridge: https://meet.google.com/cpu-eiue-hvk
Name (#gluster-dev alias) - company
* Pranith Kumar K - PhonePe.com
* Rinku Kothiya - Red Hat
* Ravi (itisravi) - Red Hat
* Saju Mohammed - Red Hat
* Amar Tumballi (kadalu.io)
* Aravinda (kadalu.io)
* Sheetal pamecha - Red Hat
* Csaba Henk - Red Hat
* Sunil Kumar - Red Hat
* Nikhil Ladha - Red Hat
* Srijan Sivakumar - Red Hat
### User stories
* Interesting stories over slack
* An user using glusterfs with bitrot.
* [Amar] GlusterFS being used over 400 nodes.
* (Volume type Replica3). Some issues seen with number of connections open.
* Some issues with locks and layout holes and overlaps found.
* Loading of external xlators into the volfile.
* Project metrics:
| Metrics | Value |
| ------------------------- | -------- |
|[Coverity](https://scan.coverity.com/projects/gluster-glusterfs) | 67 |
|[Clang Scan](https://build.gluster.org/job/clang-scan/lastBuild/) | 88 |
|[Test coverage](<a href="https://build.gluster.org/job/line-coverage/lastCompletedBuild/Line_20Coverage_20Report/)|">https://build.gluster.org/job/line-coverage/lastCompletedBuild/Line_20Coverage_20Report/)| 70.9 % |
|[Gluster User Queries in last 14 days](https://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2021-January/thread.html) | 24 |
|[Total Github issues](https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues) | 365 |
* Any release updates?
- Test day planned on 15-Jan-2021. Reference doc for people interested to contribute towards the effort [Upgrade testing for Release 9](https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NudwDLOaeYXkr_0yPkQMnVM0RqJQR54-w4ptX4IFMgk/edit?usp=sharing)
- Planing to release 9.0 in last week of Jan 2021
* Blocker issues across the project?
- Regression Test failures
- Ideally no spurious tests should be present in tests/. If one notices a test which is spurious, please move the test to '000-flaky/' directory.
- Nightly test failures (NFS bug)
* Notable thread from mailing list
- [Multiple Geo Rep issues due to SELINUX on CentOS 8.3](https://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2021-January/039066.html)
### Conferences / Meetups
* [Devconf.cz 2021](https://hopin.com/events/devconf-cz-2021)
* Registration is open and [schedule](https://devconfcz2021.sched.com/) is live
* Talks related to gluster:
### GlusterFS - v9 and beyond
* Roadmap to be taken up into focus in coming days.
### Developer focus
* Any design specs to discuss?
### Component status
* Arbiter - Stable
* AFR - Stable
* DHT - Stable
* EC - Stable
* DOC - Conscious language change being undertaken.
* Geo Replication - Conscious language change merged with devel.
* Glusterd - Stable
* thin-arbiter - Stable
### Recent Blog posts / Document updates
* No new blog posts in the recent times ( People we need to experiment and spread the word ! )
* Who will host next meeting? [ Srijan ]
- Host will need to send out the agenda 24hr - 12hrs in advance to mailing list, and also make sure to send the meeting minutes.
- Host will need to reach out to one user at least who can talk about their usecase, their experience, and their needs.
- Host needs to send meeting minutes as PR to http://github.com/gluster/community
- Host has to send the meeting minutes as a mail to the gluster-devel and gluster-users list.
* Who will take notes from the next meeting? [ Srijan ]
* [sheetal] - For glusterdocs not able to add reviewers to PR
* Added @sheetal to Documentation group
Able to add reviewers now. Successfully added to groups
* [Csaba] - devel branch and tagging
* [Amar] - Moana project is ready to 'try' - https://github.com/kadalu/moana
* Happy to hear feedback, and get contributions :D
### Action Items on host
* Check-in Minutes of meeting for this meeting
Community Meeting Calendar:
Every 2nd and 4th Tuesday at 14:30 IST / 09:00 UTC
Gluster-devel mailing list
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|