Gnokii - Nokia Premicell

Tristan
Hi all,

I have an older Nokia Premicell that I'm trying to be able to send and
receive sms's from but I'm running into issues.

I asked this question about 5/6 years ago and did manage to get it
resolved. However I have now had to move boxes and have lost the source
files from the git branch hub which contained the fix and they have since
been removed.

here is the link to the old conversion -
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.gnokii/12161

The ending error is:
Received message type 21
SMS Send failed (Unknown error - well better than nothing!!)
Serial device: closing device

If anyone could help I'd be very gratefully. I believe the fix last time
was to do with the way the device reports it's own name...?

thanks all,