Gnokii and Nokia 6030

José Antonio Blanco
Hi everyone.

I'm trying to connect an old Nokia 6030 with Gnokii since a few days but I can.

I use this configuration under Linux: http://wiki.gnokii.org/index.php/Nokia6030Config
[global]
model = 6510
port = /dev/tyUSB0
connection = dlr3p
I haven't got a CA-45 cable, so I use an Arduino Mega as interface. I based the connections like this link:

https://ilias.giechaskiel.com/posts/arduino_sms/index.html

This is my gkokiirc:

[global]
port = /dev/ttyUSB0
model = 6510
initlength = default
connection = dlr3p
use_locking = no
serial_baudrate = 115200
serial_write_usleep = 10000
smsc_timeout = 10

[xgnokii]
allow_breakage = 0

[connect_script]
# Don't put your phone number here!!!
TELEPHONE = 12345678

[logging]
debug = on
rlpdebug = off
xdebug = off

When I'm trying to connect I always receive the same message:

linux-6n9s:/home/user # gnokii --version
GNOKII Version 0.6.31
Copyright (C) Hugh Blemings <[hidden email]>, 1999, 2000
Copyright (C) Pavel Janik ml. <[hidden email]>, 1999, 2000
Copyright (C) Pavel Machek <[hidden email]>, 2001
Copyright (C) Pawel Kot <[hidden email]>, 2001-2011
Copyright (C) BORBELY Zoltan <[hidden email]>, 2002
Copyright (C) Daniele Forsi <[hidden email]>, 2004-2011
gnokii is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are
There is absolutely no warranty for gnokii. See GPL for details.
Built 11:14:58 Dec 13 2015

linux-6n9s:/home/user # gnokii --identify
GNOKII Version 0.6.31
LOG: debug mask is 0x1
Config read from file /etc/gnokiirc.
phone instance config:
model = 6510
port = /dev/ttyUSB0
connection = dlr3p
initlength = default
serial_baudrate = 115200
serial_write_usleep = 10000
handshake = software
require_dcd = 0
smsc_timeout = 10
rfcomm_channel = 0
sm_retry = 0
Connecting
Serial device: opening device /dev/ttyUSB0
Serial device: setting RTS to low and DTR to low
Serial device: setting RTS to high and DTR to high
Serial device: setting speed to 19200
Switching to FBUS mode
Serial device: setting speed to 115200
Getting model...
Message sent: 0x1b / 0x0006
00 01 00 07 01 00 |
SM_Block: exiting the retry loop
Message sent: 0x1b / 0x0006
00 01 00 07 01 00 |
SM_Block: exiting the retry loop
Message sent: 0x1b / 0x0006
00 01 00 07 01 00 |
SM_Block: exiting the retry loop
Serial device: closing device
Serial device: opening device /dev/ttyUSB0
Serial device: setting speed to 115200
Serial device: setting RTS to low and DTR to low
Getting model...
Message sent: 0x1b / 0x0006
00 01 00 07 01 00 |
SM_Block: exiting the retry loop
Message sent: 0x1b / 0x0006
00 01 00 07 01 00 |
SM_Block: exiting the retry loop
Message sent: 0x1b / 0x0006
00 01 00 07 01 00 |
SM_Block: exiting the retry loop
Serial device: closing device
Error in link initialisation: 11
Telephone interface init failed: Command timed out.
Quitting.
Command timed out.

I can't see the problem. I try on Windows XP using port COM6 and connection serial but I have the same results. I think I'm doing something wrong, but I can't find the error.

Thanks for your attention.

Best regards.

Jose

Re: Gnokii and Nokia 6030

Daniele Forsi-2

> I can't see the problem. I try on Windows XP using port COM6 and connection
> serial but I have the same results. I think I'm doing something wrong, but I
> can't find the error.

how did you test that the phone is receiving what gnokii is sending?
Did you try a loopback test? Ie connect together the rx and tx cables
that are supposed to go form your arduino to the phone, then type
something with a terminal program (minicom, cu or even screen) and
read it back.

--
Daniele Forsi