Guido steps down after community turmoil

Guido steps down after community turmoil

Tim Daly
Apparently he found it exhausting that "so many people despise my decisions".
Note the choice of words: 'despise', not 'disagree'. You can feel the sense of
being under personal attack.

He writes: So what are you all going to do? Create a democracy? Anarchy? A
dictatorship? A federation? I'll still be here, but I'm trying to let you all figure
something out for yourselves. I'm tired, and need a very long break.

You can feel the stress he is under. He has spent years on Python,
not only as a author but as the PRIMARY author.

I have memories of writing a similar email. I do not envy him.

As the saying goes, "You can tell the leader. He's the one with all the
arrows in his back."

I wish him peace.

Tim