Hello! Does anyone maintain this still?

Isaac Beckett
I was wondering if anyone still maintains this, and if support for more instruction sets is planned?

Thank you!

Re: Hello! Does anyone maintain this still?

Somchai Smythe
Yes and no.

It is actively developed, but they never have releases.

If you want a new instruct set, you need to do it yourself, then post
the patch on the mailing list, and if nobody screams too loudly you
then add it to the git mob, which is the repository where you can get
the only current version since they never have (and apparently never
will have) new releases.

On 2/22/20, Isaac Beckett <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone still maintains this, and if support for more
> instruction sets is planned?
>
> Thank you!

Re: Hello! Does anyone maintain this still?

tinycc-devel mailing list
I noticed a mes/gnu 0.21 branch. How is that related to mob?

https://gitlab.com/janneke/tinycc/-/commits/mes-0.21/

Sent from my iPhone

On 22 Feb 2020, at 09:38, Somchai Smythe <[hidden email]> wrote:

Yes and no.

It is actively developed, but they never have releases.

If you want a new instruct set, you need to do it yourself, then post
the patch on the mailing list, and if nobody screams too loudly you
then add it to the git mob, which is the repository where you can get
the only current version since they never have (and apparently never
will have) new releases.

On 2/22/20, Isaac Beckett <[hidden email]> wrote:
I was wondering if anyone still maintains this, and if support for more
instruction sets is planned?

Thank you!

Re: Hello! Does anyone maintain this still?

Jan Nieuwenhuizen
David Smith via Tinycc-devel writes:

Hello,

> I noticed a mes/gnu 0.21 branch. How is that related to mob?
>
> https://gitlab.com/janneke/tinycc/-/commits/mes-0.21/

This is the bootstrappable fork of tinycc.  It's basically a forked off
a somewhat arbitrary tinycc git development commit some three years ago
(307b7b183d4ee56e74090b0e525d6a587840e31f) and adds about 12
patches

    cee58e0 build: Support building from bootstrap-mes.
    39de356 bootstrappable: Force static link.
    2b6271d bootstrappable: Work around MesCC bug.
    379c62d bootstrappable: add tcc.h include guards to include location.
    274bd06 bootstrappable: Handle libtcc1.a.
    6ae9aa4 bootstrappable: Skip tidy_section_headers.
    a130ce1 bootstrappable: HAVE_FLOAT.
    de906df bootstrappable: HAVE_BITFIELD.
    540ba0b bootstrappable: HAVE_LONG_LONG.
    306f677 bootstrappable: Work around Nyacc-0.80.42 bug.
    9c97705 build: bootstrap build scripts.
    584478f bootstrappable: Remove non-free grep test.

of which only three are really interesting: the HAVE_* patches that
allow for stepwise introduction of bitfields, doubles/floats and long
longs.

I'm hoping to get rid of the need for this fork some time.

Greetings,
janneke

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[hidden email]> | GNU LilyPond http://lilypond.org
Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar® http://AvatarAcademy.com

Re: Hello! Does anyone maintain this still?

tinycc-devel mailing list
Thanks Jan.

I’m on a mission this quarter to add a new old arch. Lots to learn.

David.

Sent from my iPhone

> On 22 Feb 2020, at 10:24, Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> David Smith via Tinycc-devel writes:
>
> Hello,
>
>> I noticed a mes/gnu 0.21 branch. How is that related to mob?
>>
>> https://gitlab.com/janneke/tinycc/-/commits/mes-0.21/
>
> This is the bootstrappable fork of tinycc.  It's basically a forked off
> a somewhat arbitrary tinycc git development commit some three years ago
> (307b7b183d4ee56e74090b0e525d6a587840e31f) and adds about 12
> patches
>
>    cee58e0 build: Support building from bootstrap-mes.
>    39de356 bootstrappable: Force static link.
>    2b6271d bootstrappable: Work around MesCC bug.
>    379c62d bootstrappable: add tcc.h include guards to include location.
>    274bd06 bootstrappable: Handle libtcc1.a.
>    6ae9aa4 bootstrappable: Skip tidy_section_headers.
>    a130ce1 bootstrappable: HAVE_FLOAT.
>    de906df bootstrappable: HAVE_BITFIELD.
>    540ba0b bootstrappable: HAVE_LONG_LONG.
>    306f677 bootstrappable: Work around Nyacc-0.80.42 bug.
>    9c97705 build: bootstrap build scripts.
>    584478f bootstrappable: Remove non-free grep test.
>
> of which only three are really interesting: the HAVE_* patches that
> allow for stepwise introduction of bitfields, doubles/floats and long
> longs.
>
> I'm hoping to get rid of the need for this fork some time.
>
> Greetings,
> janneke
>
> --
> Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[hidden email]> | GNU LilyPond http://lilypond.org
> Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar® http://AvatarAcademy.com

Re: Hello! Does anyone maintain this still?

Jan Nieuwenhuizen
David Smith writes:

Hi David,

> I’m on a mission this quarter to add a new old arch. Lots to learn.

Interesting...I am currently looking into ARM and power9 ports of the
bootstrap.

Anyway, your question reminded me the difficulties I had to finding the
home of TCC development; and I realised that I have possibly made that
worse.  Sorry!  So I have added an extra patch to README

    https://gitlab.com/janneke/tinycc

explaining that you are looking at a bootstrappable tcc fork and adding
a pointer to

    https://repo.or.cz/tinycc.git

HTH,
janneke