Help

Alex Jackson
Hello,

I recently downloaded GChemPaint and it seems good! I was having trouble
with a couple of things. I'm drawing this nickel complex (attached) and
I can't figure out how to:

1) Make the NH on the ligands into NH2. I can see why it's NH, because
the program thinks the N-C and N-Ni bond means there's only one more N-H
bond available, but actually there are two N-H bonds on this ligand.

2) I would like to use a curved arrow to represent electron pair
movement from the water molecule on the right toward the nickel centre.
When I click on the curved arrow tool though, it won't let me put an
arrow from the O, only from the NHs (which I don't want).

I am using version 0.14.2 and Fedora 17.

Thank you,

Alex

hydro1.gchempaint (6K) Download Attachment

Re: Help

Jean Brefort-2
Hello,

for 1) this is because a nitrogen atom is trivalent. To add another
automatic hydrogen add a positive chargen, and then hide the charge
using the contextual menu for the atom.

For 2) seems you hit a bug. Anyway, I could an arrow after several
attempts, see attached file. I need to fix that (the issue seems to be
related to the target nickel atom, not the water molecule).

I don't know why you have three Ni atoms at the same position, is it
wanted? or an undo (or some other operation) bug?

Regards,
Jean