Hi from Ray Re: Enigma crashing during "Inverse Pyramid" level

Hi from Ray Re: Enigma crashing during "Inverse Pyramid" level

rayrwick
Hi Raoul,

Thanks for testing the "Inverse Pyramid" level.

Since I got your email I have been trying to get the level to crash Enigma.  So far I have had as many as 5 OXYDs in some state of open at one time without crashing.  Once two pairs and an odd one.

I don't know how to get a backtrace but if it helps I am running Enigma 1.20 on the following machine:

DELL Studio XPS 9100
Intel i7 CPU @2.8 GHs
18.0 GB RAM
64-bit Windows 7 Professional

The only anomaly I found was that when the last two pairs of OXYDs were on top of each other the level could complete prematurely.  I think the Enigma program detects that the "last" pair of OXYDs (the pair on top) are matched and ends the game.  In the short time the Enigma program is winding down the level writes the last two OXYDs (the pair on the bottom) to the world showing them as the game completes.

I think placing an extra pair of OXYDs outside of the playing field has solved this problem.  The level counts the pairs as they are matched and when all the pairs on the playing field have matched it triggers a laser to open the pair outside the playing field thus preventing any premature ending.
  I am attaching the updated level in case you want to test it.

Thanks again, Ray.

 -
Sent from Ray Wick without any free advertisement for any companies.
   8-)

raywick023_1-0_1-20.xml (10K) Download Attachment