Hi

Roch Delsalle-2

Hi,
I have seen that thecircle's website is down, I would like to know if some of you are still using it. I don't see anybody online, might need to bootstrap something ?
thanks

Re: Hi

jiri (Bugzilla)
Hi,

> I have seen that thecircle's website is down, I would like to know if some
> of you are still using it.

As far as I know, nobody uses circle any more...

> I don't see anybody online, might need to bootstrap something ?

If you want to bootstrap a new network, I think it used to be:
!node.activate_hashtable()

This is typed in the chat window. Normally, circle automatically connects to
an existing network "out there"; however, it's been some years since there
has really been an existing circle network, so you have to start it manually.

For instance, if you want to put four computers into a circle network:
  - start up circle on computer A
  - type into A:
      !node.activate_hashtable()
  - start up circle on computers B, C, D
  - tell B, C, D to connect to peer A

Once the network is up, peers can leave and re-join automatically.

Jiri
--
Jiri Baum <[hidden email]>                   http://www.baum.com.au/~jiri