Hiding revoked keys in generated webpages

Hiding revoked keys in generated webpages

Gunnar Wolf
Hi,

I know this is most likely undoable (unless I do some ugly
post-parsing to the HTML before sending it to the user), but I'll ask
anyway: I just sent another message "motivated" by the Evil32
keys. This one follows the same motivator.

Users of SKS are generally not interested in revoked keys. I would
like to have an option for hiding (or at least styling — Both could be
achieved by CSS) revoked keys from the listing. Unfortunately, the
listing is not generated from a template (as the index is), but
hardwired in the source, in htmlTemplates.ml

Now, speaking as a complete OCaml non-user, would the developers be
interested in me patching this file to generate a more CSS-friendly
output? Or is there any other way to achieve what I'm looking for?

Re: Hiding revoked keys in generated webpages

Kristian Fiskerstrand-6
On 01/25/2017 08:20 PM, Gunnar Wolf wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I know this is most likely undoable (unless I do some ugly
> post-parsing to the HTML before sending it to the user), but I'll ask
> anyway: I just sent another message "motivated" by the Evil32
> keys. This one follows the same motivator.
>
> Users of SKS are generally not interested in revoked keys. I would
> like to have an option for hiding (or at least styling — Both could be
> achieved by CSS) revoked keys from the listing. Unfortunately, the
> listing is not generated from a template (as the index is), but
> hardwired in the source, in htmlTemplates.ml
no cryptographic verification is done by the keyserver, this opens up a
denial of service whereby a non-valid revocation certificate is uploaded
to the keyserver. Users should download the keys and verify the
self-signatures using local software.

> Now, speaking as a complete OCaml non-user, would the developers be
> interested in me patching this file to generate a more CSS-friendly
> output? Or is there any other way to achieve what I'm looking for?

I don't really like people browsing the keyservers by hand without
understanding the implications to begin with, making it more "user
friendly" seems counter intuitive in that context.

--
Kristian Fiskerstrand