How do I enable end-to-end encryption with linphone on mac?

How do I enable end-to-end encryption with linphone on mac?

psykolog.haara
Hi, how do I enable end-to-end encryption with linphone on mac?

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

Re: How do I enable end-to-end encryption with linphone on mac?

Stuart D. Gathman
On Sat, 9 Mar 2019, psykolog.haara wrote:

> Hi, how do I enable end-to-end encryption with linphone on mac?

Install cjdns (homebrew) and use peer to peer connections.  As a bonus,
the sip addresses are crypto authenticated as well.

Example:

"Johnny Dex" <sip:jdex@[fc62:c503:2422:48b8:67b7:cb0d:b354:521c]>

There is no need for a SIP server or STUN or DNS.  Those addresses are
permanent (derived from the cjdns private key).

Note that sRTP only protects the audio/video - not the SIP control
packets.  However, cjdns is not anonymous, and a competent spy can
still figure out which cjdns ips you are talking to.  (But not what
packets you are sending - although SIP calls have a recognizable
timing.)

--
       Stuart D. Gathman <[hidden email]>