How do you display an "area" like that of commands

How do you display an "area" like that of commands

sirgazil
Hi,

As a user I'd like to write a command that displays an area with some
text, like the one used by the "commands" command; something like a
message that stays on the screen until you abort it.

Is it possible? I couldn't find information about this in the manual.

https://sirgazil.bitbucket.io/

Re: How do you display an "area" like that of commands

Alex Kost
sirgazil (2018-11-13 15:19 -0500) wrote:

> Hi,

Hello,

> As a user I'd like to write a command that displays an area with some
> text, like the one used by the "commands" command; something like a
> message that stays on the screen until you abort it.
>
> Is it possible? I couldn't find information about this in the manual.

"commands" just calls 'message-no-timeout', so you can just define a
command like this one:

(defcommand some-text () ()
  "My useful command."
  (message-no-timeout "some text"))

--
Alex

On 16/11/18 2:27 p. m., Alex Kost wrote:

> sirgazil (2018-11-13 15:19 -0500) wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>
> Hello,
>
>> As a user I'd like to write a command that displays an area with some
>> text, like the one used by the "commands" command; something like a
>> message that stays on the screen until you abort it.
>>
>> Is it possible? I couldn't find information about this in the manual.
>
> "commands" just calls 'message-no-timeout', so you can just define a
> command like this one:
>
> (defcommand some-text () ()
>    "My useful command."
>    (message-no-timeout "some text"))