How to get information of process by name

How to get information of process by name

Vi Pham Thuy

Hi,

I want to monitor my application’s processes installed on Redhat machine. The main idea is to monitor CPU/Memory/IO that the process is consuming in real time. I have no knowledge on PID as well as newbie on Monit. I just know the name of process.

Can anyone instruct me how to configure to monitor my app’s processes?

One more thing, does Monit store all collected info to log file day by day? Is it possible export Monit log to CSV format?

Thanks,

Vi Pham Thuy (Vi)

VitailSuite ST| [hidden email] | Website: www.tmasolutions.com

Tel: +84-8 3997 8000 | Ext: 5563 | Mobile: (+848) 989 503 563 | Skype: vi.pthuy

This e-mail and any attachments are TMA Solutions property, are confidential, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are not one of the named recipient(s) or otherwise have reason to believe that you have received this message in error, please notify the sender, delete and ignore the contents.

Re: How to get information of process by name

Guillaume François
Hi,

You could use the "matching" regex instead of the PID as described in documentation https://mmonit.com/monit/documentation/monit.html#Process

Monit does not store anything, it is a real time checking tool.

MMonit can also provide some historical data but not in the way you want.

Best is to request details from monit with command "monit status your_service" and extract data from there.

Regards,

Guillaume FRANCOIS

I want to monitor my application’s processes installed on Redhat machine. The main idea is to monitor CPU/Memory/IO that the process is consuming in real time. I have no knowledge on PID as well as newbie on Monit. I just know the name of process.

Can anyone instruct me how to configure to monitor my app’s processes?

One more thing, does Monit store all collected info to log file day by day? Is it possible export Monit log to CSV format?

Thanks,

Vi Pham Thuy (Vi)

VitailSuite ST| [hidden email] | Website: www.tmasolutions.com

Tel: <a href="tel:+84%208%203997%208000" value="+84839978000" target="_blank">+84-8 3997 8000 | Ext: 5563 | Mobile: (+848) 989 503 563 | Skype: vi.pthuy

[...]

Tel: <a href="tel:+84%208%203997%208000" target="_blank">+84-8 3997 8000 | Ext: 5563 | Mobile: (+848) 989 503 563 | Skype: vi.pthuy