How to stop linphone from accessing camera in background

How to stop linphone from accessing camera in background

droidpulkit
Hi folks,
I compiled the app from the linphone SDK and using it in my test app, but now everytime a push notification comes, I start the service to run the SDK and then do core.ensureRegistered()
But now, On Samsung phones S8, S9 and Note 9, S10, Note 10 (Everything which has above Android 9) is showing a notification that the app is using camera in background.
On Samsung, they have added an extra feature called "Permission Usage Monitor", which reports any app, using some permissions in the background. Now my main question is, how can we stop the linphone SDK to not use the Camera in background, as every hour, the server is sending notification to re-register and everytime I do that, I get a notification saying my app is using camera in background. On clicking notification, I can see this Permission manager showing this https://imgur.com/a/AIj2pcF

Re: How to stop linphone from accessing camera in background

Sylvain Berfini

Hi,

What version of the SDK are you using ? We fixed this issue on the release/4.2 branch a few weeks ago and the master and release/4.3 branches don't have the problem.

Cheers,