I have only half a connection, I can hear, but not transmit, no output to give for diagnostics.

I have only half a connection, I can hear, but not transmit, no output to give for diagnostics.

Doug Smith-6

To whom it may concern:

My name is Doug Smith.  I have just installed the Debian version of
Linphone, which comes with all the necessary packages to make it
work.  However, I can only receive, but not transmit.

I am using kernel version 2.4.24-xfs, OSS sound drivers, and the
latest version of linphone packaged by Debian.

I can give you my audio mixer settings and the settings in my
.linphonec file, if that will help, but I have no other output from
the program to give you for diagnostic purposes.

Please pardon someone just getting started with a program that offers
lots of potential for me and my work with people who are blind such as
myself and using computers to improve their lives.

By the way, I have a soundblaster live ls sound card on here which
appears to be full-duplex and appears to have several channels.  I
know little or nothing about hardware.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

--
Doug Smith: C.S.F.C.
Computer Scientist For CHRIST!

Re: I have only half a connection, I can hear, but not transmit, no output to give for diagnostics.

Simon Morlat
Hello,

It would help me to have debug messages from linphone. Can you please run it
with the --verbose and send me the debug messages written to the terminal
(I'm sorry: as far as you can do it of course).
This type of problem usually happens with an oss driver that is unable to work
in full duplex (though hardware can). That's why I always recommend to use
alsa drivers.

Simon