I... well, I quit ;-)

Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
Hey guys,

you may have noticed that I haven't said much of a peep for quite a
while.  Fact is, I've generally been pulling away from programming
as a passion since a few years back.  I may still do some to be able
to pay the bills, but that's about all.  Life changes, life turns,
that sort of thing...  For those who want to know, I've restarted
another passion of mine, photography and art based on that.

I may stick around as a translator for a while more, in the hope that
someone else turns up to take over that part.  How is it these days,
is there a translators mailing list or is this the one?

I just thought that it was time to make this official instead of just
lurking.

Cheers,
Richard

--
Richard Levitte                         [hidden email]
                                        http://richard.levitte.org/

Re: I... well, I quit ;-)

Markus Wanner-2
Hey Richard,

On 04/22/2014 12:39 PM, Richard Levitte wrote:
> I may stick around as a translator for a while more, in the hope that
> someone else turns up to take over that part.  How is it these days,
> is there a translators mailing list or is this the one?

There's [hidden email], it's .. ehm .. somewhat less traffic
than this one ;-)

> I just thought that it was time to make this official instead of just
> lurking.

Thank you for what you've done for monotone. And for letting us know
you're moving on. Most of us did, I guess.

> "Life is a tremendous celebration - and I'm invited!"

I always loved that tagline. Enjoy!

Warm Regards

Markus Wanner

Re: I... well, I quit ;-)

Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
In message <[hidden email]> on Tue, 22 Apr 2014 13:44:37 +0200, Markus Wanner <[hidden email]> said:

markus> Hey Richard,
markus>
markus> On 04/22/2014 12:39 PM, Richard Levitte wrote:
markus> > I may stick around as a translator for a while more, in the hope that
markus> > someone else turns up to take over that part.  How is it these days,
markus> > is there a translators mailing list or is this the one?
markus>
markus> There's [hidden email], it's .. ehm .. somewhat less traffic
markus> than this one ;-)

Hah, I'm even already subscribed!  Goody good...  but it might need a
touch more traffic, like telling the translators that of an upcoming
release and that it might be good to update translations ;-) (I've
seen something about an upcoming 1.1, but not on that list)

markus> > "Life is a tremendous celebration - and I'm invited!"
markus>
markus> I always loved that tagline. Enjoy!

:-)

Cheers,
Richard

Re: I... well, I quit ;-)

Markus Wanner-2
On 04/22/2014 02:46 PM, Richard Levitte wrote:
> In message <[hidden email]> on Tue, 22 Apr 2014 13:44:37 +0200, Markus Wanner <[hidden email]> said:
> markus> There's [hidden email], it's .. ehm .. somewhat less traffic
> markus> than this one ;-)
>
> Hah, I'm even already subscribed!

Good. :-)

> (I've
> seen something about an upcoming 1.1, but not on that list)

Don't worry, you have. You even answered:
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/monotone-i18n/2013-09/msg00002.html

(I guess I put you on CC, so mailman didn't deliver to you, again.)

Regards

Markus Wanner

Re: I... well, I quit ;-)

Ludovic Brenta-2
Richard Levitte writes:

> you may have noticed that I haven't said much of a peep for quite a
> while.  Fact is, I've generally been pulling away from programming as
> a passion since a few years back.  I may still do some to be able to
> pay the bills, but that's about all.  Life changes, life turns, that
> sort of thing...  For those who want to know, I've restarted another
> passion of mine, photography and art based on that.
>
> I may stick around as a translator for a while more, in the hope that
> someone else turns up to take over that part.  How is it these days,
> is there a translators mailing list or is this the one?
>
> I just thought that it was time to make this official instead of just
> lurking.

Sorry to hear that because I've been using monotone daily for the past 8
years now (the first version I evaluated was 0.24) and your work on
packaging it for Debian has been instrumental in that.

So long, and thanks for all the fish :)  I hope your life remains a
constant celebration and that it becomes even more fulfilling than it
has been so far.

--
Ludovic Brenta.

Re: I... well, I quit ;-)

Thomas Keller
Richard Levitte schrieb:

> Hey guys,
>
> you may have noticed that I haven't said much of a peep for quite a
> while.  Fact is, I've generally been pulling away from programming
> as a passion since a few years back.  I may still do some to be able
> to pay the bills, but that's about all.  Life changes, life turns,
> that sort of thing...  For those who want to know, I've restarted
> another passion of mine, photography and art based on that.
>
> I may stick around as a translator for a while more, in the hope that
> someone else turns up to take over that part.  How is it these days,
> is there a translators mailing list or is this the one?
>
> I just thought that it was time to make this official instead of just
> lurking.
Hey Richard!

Thanks for all the work and support from you over the years! Surely,
life moves on and I wish you all the best for you and your upcoming
adventures (I heard one usually has to go outside to make good photos).

Maybe we'll meet again some time in Stockholm, when I'm nearby on
vacation :)

Again, all the best for you,
Thomas.

--