IC-7610

Juanjo EA8BGO
Dear Friends

I have recently purchased an IC-7610 and I find the problem that when connecting the keyer via USB with the PC, the Cwdaemon does not recognize it. The only solution I have found is in the CQRLog using the Hamlib option. But I see that it is not the most successful solution for the TLFLogger

I have seen in the forum a program written in Python (rigkeyer.py) that was originally written for K3.

Does anyone know how to get the TLFLogger to work with my IC-7610 without having to use the old TTL adapter?

Best regards,
Juanjo
EA8BGO

Re: IC-7610

Nate Bargmann-4
* On 2021 10 Jan 15:18 -0600, Juanjo EA8BGO wrote:

> Dear Friends
>
> I have recently purchased an IC-7610 and I find the problem that when
> connecting the keyer via USB with the PC, the Cwdaemon does not recognize
> it. The only solution I have found is in the CQRLog using the Hamlib
> option. But I see that it is not the most successful solution for the
> TLFLogger
>
> I have seen in the forum a program written in Python (rigkeyer.py) that was
> originally written for K3.
>
> Does anyone know how to get the TLFLogger to work with my IC-7610 without
> having to use the old TTL adapter?
I've no idea, but does the keyer in the radio emulate the K1EL, a.k.a.
winkeyer, command set?  If so, there are a couple of options including
the winkeyerdaemon:

https://github.com/N0NB/winkeydaem

It is quite similar to cwdaemon in its set of options and can be used in
place of it in Tlf.

73, Nate

possible worlds.  The pessimist fears this is true."

Web: https://www.n0nb.us
Projects: https://github.com/N0NB

Re: IC-7610

Drew Arnett
Are you trying to key the 7610 directly via its USB?  Or do you have a
USB keyer adapter you are using between the PC and the 7610?
(something like the K1EL WinKeyer USB or one of the others)

Drew
n7da

On Sun, Jan 10, 2021 at 8:49 PM Juanjo EA8BGO <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Friends
>
> I have recently purchased an IC-7610 and I find the problem that when connecting the keyer via USB with the PC, the Cwdaemon does not recognize it. The only solution I have found is in the CQRLog using the Hamlib option. But I see that it is not the most successful solution for the TLFLogger
>
> I have seen in the forum a program written in Python (rigkeyer.py) that was originally written for K3.
>
> Does anyone know how to get the TLFLogger to work with my IC-7610 without having to use the old TTL adapter?
>
> Best regards,
> Juanjo
> EA8BGO

Re: IC-7610

Juanjo EA8BGO
I am trying to insert the IC-7610 directly from the USB port.

El dom, 10 ene 2021 a las 23:05, Drew Arnett (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
Are you trying to key the 7610 directly via its USB?  Or do you have a
USB keyer adapter you are using between the PC and the 7610?
(something like the K1EL WinKeyer USB or one of the others)

Drew
n7da

On Sun, Jan 10, 2021 at 8:49 PM Juanjo EA8BGO <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Friends
>
> I have recently purchased an IC-7610 and I find the problem that when connecting the keyer via USB with the PC, the Cwdaemon does not recognize it. The only solution I have found is in the CQRLog using the Hamlib option. But I see that it is not the most successful solution for the TLFLogger
>
> I have seen in the forum a program written in Python (rigkeyer.py) that was originally written for K3.
>
> Does anyone know how to get the TLFLogger to work with my IC-7610 without having to use the old TTL adapter?
>
> Best regards,
> Juanjo
> EA8BGO

Re: IC-7610

Juanjo EA8BGO
Nate.

I do not know for sure. I don't know if it's a K1EL emulator. As much as I look in the manual, I cannot find information.

El dom, 10 ene 2021 a las 22:22, Nate Bargmann (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
* On 2021 10 Jan 15:18 -0600, Juanjo EA8BGO wrote:
> Dear Friends
>
> I have recently purchased an IC-7610 and I find the problem that when
> connecting the keyer via USB with the PC, the Cwdaemon does not recognize
> it. The only solution I have found is in the CQRLog using the Hamlib
> option. But I see that it is not the most successful solution for the
> TLFLogger
>
> I have seen in the forum a program written in Python (rigkeyer.py) that was
> originally written for K3.
>
> Does anyone know how to get the TLFLogger to work with my IC-7610 without
> having to use the old TTL adapter?

I've no idea, but does the keyer in the radio emulate the K1EL, a.k.a.
winkeyer, command set?  If so, there are a couple of options including
the winkeyerdaemon:

https://github.com/N0NB/winkeydaem

It is quite similar to cwdaemon in its set of options and can be used in
place of it in Tlf.

73, Nate

possible worlds.  The pessimist fears this is true."

Web: https://www.n0nb.us
Projects: https://github.com/N0NB

Re: IC-7610

Juanjo EA8BGO
Hello Chris

Thanks for your help.

So, the steps to follow follow the following?

1. launch the TLF
2. Run rigkeyer.py

With cwdaemon what happens to me is this that appears in the video.
https://youtu.be/fDaa7zdj37c

Windows tell me that I have to configure the DTR and RTS. I don't have those options in cwdaemon (neither in winkeydaemon).

Best regards,
Juanjo
EA8BGO

El lun, 11 ene 2021 a las 9:32, Christian Treldal (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
Hi Juanjo

The rigkeyer.py is a simple parser whitch listen to port 6790 (cwdaemon) and retransmit on port 4532. Hamlib is listening on 4532 and sends it to the radio. It is the same method used in Cqrlog and it works as a charm. I've used it with the 7610 and my KX3; but it should be good with any rig, where morse is supported in Hamlib. Just start rigctrld an then rigkeyer.py, and off you go. It don't support speedchange +++ & --- ; but that should be possible to fix.

73 de OZ1GNN
Chris

Den søn. 10. jan. 2021 kl. 21.49 skrev Juanjo EA8BGO <[hidden email]>:
Dear Friends

I have recently purchased an IC-7610 and I find the problem that when connecting the keyer via USB with the PC, the Cwdaemon does not recognize it. The only solution I have found is in the CQRLog using the Hamlib option. But I see that it is not the most successful solution for the TLFLogger

I have seen in the forum a program written in Python (rigkeyer.py) that was originally written for K3.

Does anyone know how to get the TLFLogger to work with my IC-7610 without having to use the old TTL adapter?

Best regards,
Juanjo
EA8BGO

Re: IC-7610

Juanjo EA8BGO
Chris

$ python rigkeyer.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "rigkeyer.py", line 11, in <module>
    import Hamlib

El lun, 11 ene 2021 a las 10:15, Juanjo EA8BGO (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
[...]

Juanjo
EA8BGO

Re: IC-7610

Juanjo EA8BGO
I am not a Windows user. Ubuntu!

I have the hamlib installed. With the CQRLog I have no problem, it calls hamlib and it works fine. With the FLRig it also works for me. The only one that has given me problems is with the TLFLogger.

El lun, 11 ene 2021 a las 10:42, Christian Treldal (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
Are you running Windows???? Tlf is for Linux.

File "rigkeyer.py", line 11, in <module>
import Hamlib

You must install the Python bindings for Hamlib
try
python -m pip install SomePackage

Den man. 11. jan. 2021 kl. 11.28 skrev Juanjo EA8BGO <[hidden email]>:
[...]

Juanjo
EA8BGO

Re: IC-7610

Juanjo EA8BGO
$ python -m pip install Hamlib
/usr/bin/python: No module named pip

El lun, 11 ene 2021 a las 10:45, Juanjo EA8BGO (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
[...]

Juanjo
EA8BGO

Re: IC-7610

Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS
Hi Juanjo,

On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 10:28:09AM +0000, Juanjo EA8BGO wrote:
> Chris
>
> $ python rigkeyer.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "rigkeyer.py", line 11, in <module>
>     import Hamlib

how did you installed Hamlib? From source, or through apt?

If you compiled Hamlib for yourself, perhaps you've missed to
configure the Python binding, so step into your Hamlib source
directory, and recompile the source:

$ ./configure --with-python-binding
make
sudo make install

This will install the Hamlib module for python.

Note, for Python binding you need to install python3-dev package.

If you used the package manager, then you can also install
Python's hamlib binding:

$ sudo apt install python3-libhamlib2

or

$ sudo apt install python-libhamlib2

(guess you're using hamlib3, because Hamlib v4 isn't in stable
repositories)

The package name depends on your Ubuntu version.

Here is the site of that package:
https://packages.ubuntu.com/groovy/python3-libhamlib2

or:

https://packages.ubuntu.com/bionic/python-libhamlib2

Hope this helps,

73: Ervin
HA2OS

> El lun, 11 ene 2021 a las 10:15, Juanjo EA8BGO (<[hidden email]>)
> escribió:
>
> > Hello Chris
> >
> > Thanks for your help.
> >
> > So, the steps to follow follow the following?
> >
> > 1. launch the TLF
> > 2. Run rigkeyer.py
> >
> > With cwdaemon what happens to me is this that appears in the video.
> > https://youtu.be/fDaa7zdj37c
> >
> > Windows tell me that I have to configure the DTR and RTS. I don't have
> > those options in cwdaemon (neither in winkeydaemon).
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Juanjo
> > EA8BGO
> >
> > El lun, 11 ene 2021 a las 9:32, Christian Treldal (<
> > [hidden email]>) escribió:
> >
> >> Hi Juanjo
> >>
> >> The rigkeyer.py is a simple parser whitch listen to port 6790 (cwdaemon)
> >> and retransmit on port 4532. Hamlib is listening on 4532 and sends it to
> >> the radio. It is the same method used in Cqrlog and it works as a charm.
> >> I've used it with the 7610 and my KX3; but it should be good with any rig,
> >> where morse is supported in Hamlib. Just start rigctrld an then
> >> rigkeyer.py, and off you go. It don't support speedchange +++ & --- ; but
> >> that should be possible to fix.
> >>
> >> 73 de OZ1GNN
> >> Chris

Re: IC-7610

Juanjo EA8BGO
Hamlib 3.3 I installed it from source.

With $ ./configure --with-python-binding it gives me error:
hecking python extra linking flags ... -Xlinker -export-dynamic -Wl, -O1 -Wl, -Bsymbolic-functions
checking consistency of all components of python development environment ... no
configure: error: in `/home/juanjo/hamlib-3.3 ':
configure: error:
  Could not link test program to Python. Maybe the main Python library has been
  installed in some non-standard library path. If so, pass it to configure,
  via the LIBS environment variable.
  Example: ./configure LIBS = "- L / usr / non-standard-path / python / lib"
  ================================================= ==========================
   ERROR!
   You probably have to install the development version of the Python package
   for your distribution. The exact name of this package varies among them.
  ================================================= ==========================

Otherwise, with $ sudo apt install python-libhamlib2 runs without problem.

I have made a new video, you can see that things are the same.
https://youtu.be/-IElZwiiYJE

Best regards,
Juanjo

El lun, 11 ene 2021 a las 10:55, Ervin Hegedüs (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
Hi Juanjo,

On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 10:28:09AM +0000, Juanjo EA8BGO wrote:
> Chris
>
> $ python rigkeyer.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "rigkeyer.py", line 11, in <module>
>     import Hamlib

how did you installed Hamlib? From source, or through apt?

If you compiled Hamlib for yourself, perhaps you've missed to
configure the Python binding, so step into your Hamlib source
directory, and recompile the source:

$ ./configure --with-python-binding
make
sudo make install

This will install the Hamlib module for python.

Note, for Python binding you need to install python3-dev package.

If you used the package manager, then you can also install
Python's hamlib binding:

$ sudo apt install python3-libhamlib2

or

$ sudo apt install python-libhamlib2

(guess you're using hamlib3, because Hamlib v4 isn't in stable
repositories)

The package name depends on your Ubuntu version.

Here is the site of that package:
https://packages.ubuntu.com/groovy/python3-libhamlib2

or:

https://packages.ubuntu.com/bionic/python-libhamlib2

Hope this helps,

73: Ervin
HA2OS

> El lun, 11 ene 2021 a las 10:15, Juanjo EA8BGO (<[hidden email]>)
> escribió:
>
> > Hello Chris
> >
> > Thanks for your help.
> >
> > So, the steps to follow follow the following?
> >
> > 1. launch the TLF
> > 2. Run rigkeyer.py
> >
> > With cwdaemon what happens to me is this that appears in the video.
> > https://youtu.be/fDaa7zdj37c
> >
> > Windows tell me that I have to configure the DTR and RTS. I don't have
> > those options in cwdaemon (neither in winkeydaemon).
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Juanjo
> > EA8BGO
> >
> > El lun, 11 ene 2021 a las 9:32, Christian Treldal (<
> > [hidden email]>) escribió:
> >
> >> Hi Juanjo
> >>
> >> The rigkeyer.py is a simple parser whitch listen to port 6790 (cwdaemon)
> >> and retransmit on port 4532. Hamlib is listening on 4532 and sends it to
> >> the radio. It is the same method used in Cqrlog and it works as a charm.
> >> I've used it with the 7610 and my KX3; but it should be good with any rig,
> >> where morse is supported in Hamlib. Just start rigctrld an then
> >> rigkeyer.py, and off you go. It don't support speedchange +++ & --- ; but
> >> that should be possible to fix.
> >>
> >> 73 de OZ1GNN
> >> Chris

Re: IC-7610

Drew Arnett
How is this supposed to work when it is all setup and running?

Does hamlib support keying through the CAT serial port device?  Does
TLF support that, too?

On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 11:28 AM Juanjo EA8BGO <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hamlib 3.3 I installed it from source.
>
> With $ ./configure --with-python-binding it gives me error:
> hecking python extra linking flags ... -Xlinker -export-dynamic -Wl, -O1 -Wl, -Bsymbolic-functions
> checking consistency of all components of python development environment ... no
> configure: error: in `/home/juanjo/hamlib-3.3 ':
> configure: error:
>   Could not link test program to Python. Maybe the main Python library has been
>   installed in some non-standard library path. If so, pass it to configure,
>   via the LIBS environment variable.
>   Example: ./configure LIBS = "- L / usr / non-standard-path / python / lib"
>   ================================================= ==========================
>    ERROR!
>    You probably have to install the development version of the Python package
>    for your distribution. The exact name of this package varies among them.
>   ================================================= ==========================
>
> Otherwise, with $ sudo apt install python-libhamlib2 runs without problem.
>
> I have made a new video, you can see that things are the same.
> https://youtu.be/-IElZwiiYJE
>
> Best regards,
> Juanjo
>
> El lun, 11 ene 2021 a las 10:55, Ervin Hegedüs (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
>>
>> Hi Juanjo,
>>
>> On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 10:28:09AM +0000, Juanjo EA8BGO wrote:
>> > Chris
>> >
>> > $ python rigkeyer.py
>> > Traceback (most recent call last):
>> >   File "rigkeyer.py", line 11, in <module>
>> >     import Hamlib
>> >

>> how did you installed Hamlib? From source, or through apt?
>>
>> If you compiled Hamlib for yourself, perhaps you've missed to
>> configure the Python binding, so step into your Hamlib source
>> directory, and recompile the source:
>>
>> $ ./configure --with-python-binding
>> make
>> sudo make install
>>
>> This will install the Hamlib module for python.
>>
>> Note, for Python binding you need to install python3-dev package.
>>

>> If you used the package manager, then you can also install
>> Python's hamlib binding:
>>
>> $ sudo apt install python3-libhamlib2
>>
>> or
>>
>> $ sudo apt install python-libhamlib2
>>
>> (guess you're using hamlib3, because Hamlib v4 isn't in stable
>> repositories)
>>
>> The package name depends on your Ubuntu version.
>>
>> Here is the site of that package:
>> https://packages.ubuntu.com/groovy/python3-libhamlib2
>>
>> or:
>>
>> https://packages.ubuntu.com/bionic/python-libhamlib2
>>

>> Hope this helps,
>>

>> 73: Ervin
>> HA2OS

Re: IC-7610

Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS
Hi Juanjo,

On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 11:28:34AM +0000, Juanjo EA8BGO wrote:

> Hamlib 3.3 I installed it from source.
>
> With $ ./configure --with-python-binding it gives me error:
> hecking python extra linking flags ... -Xlinker -export-dynamic -Wl, -O1
> -Wl, -Bsymbolic-functions
> checking consistency of all components of python development environment
> ... no
> configure: error: in `/home/juanjo/hamlib-3.3 ':
> configure: error:
>   Could not link test program to Python. Maybe the main Python library has been
>   installed in some non-standard library path. If so, pass it to configure,
>   via the LIBS environment variable.
>   Example: ./configure LIBS = "- L / usr / non-standard-path / python / lib"
>   ===========================================================================
>    ERROR!
>    You probably have to install the development version of the Python package
>    for your distribution. The exact name of this package varies among them.
>   ===========================================================================

that's why I wrote you may have to install the
python3-dev|python-dev package to your system.

> Otherwise, with $ sudo apt install python-libhamlib2 runs without problem.

hmm...

I should rebuild the python module from source, than mixing the
source/package versions. Eg. IMHO python-libhamlib2 depends on
Hamlib, so I assume now you have two libhamlib.so on your
system...

> I have made a new video, you can see that things are the same.
> https://youtu.be/-IElZwiiYJE

first, clean this situation - only one hamlib can be on your
system, and the Python module must be depends only that.

What is the result of this command?

find /usr/ -iname "_Hamlib.so" -exec ldd {} \; | grep hamlib

73, Ervin

Re: IC-7610

Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS
Hi Drew,

On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 02:15:00PM +0000, Drew Arnett wrote:
> Does hamlib support keying through the CAT serial port device?

yes, take a look to this (especially in case of Python3):

https://github.com/Hamlib/Hamlib/blob/master/bindings/py3test.py#L88

or you can use it through "rigctl" with "-b" (if the RIG supports
it, of course)

> Does TLF support that, too?

not - but I think that's why Juanjo uses winkeyerd.

73, Ervin
HA2OS

Re: IC-7610

Drew Arnett
Thanks.  Wasn't clear to me from this thread.

Yet another cwdaemon compatible interface for WinKeyer USB in python:
https://github.com/drewarnett/pywinkeyerdaemon

I use that with tlf for CW keying and just plain vanilla hamlib that's
bundled with my linux distro, debian, for CAT for tlf.

Drew
n7da

On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 2:27 PM Hegedüs Ervin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Drew,
>
> On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 02:15:00PM +0000, Drew Arnett wrote:
> > Does hamlib support keying through the CAT serial port device?
>
> yes, take a look to this (especially in case of Python3):
>
> https://github.com/Hamlib/Hamlib/blob/master/bindings/py3test.py#L88
>
> or you can use it through "rigctl" with "-b" (if the RIG supports
> it, of course)
>
> > Does TLF support that, too?
>
> not - but I think that's why Juanjo uses winkeyerd.
>

> 73, Ervin
> HA2OS

Re: IC-7610

Juanjo EA8BGO
Solved!

I already found where the problem was.

For IC-7610 users, steps to follow:
1. Menu -> SET -> Connectors -> USB SEND / Keying
2. USB Keying (CW) USB1 (B) DTR
3. in cwdaemon; cwdaemon -d ttyUSB1 (or its port) -p 6790

Thank you all for trying to help me.

Best regards
Juanjo
EA8BGO