Improvement suggestion

Zbigniew Baniewski
If I may suggest a new feature: I'm still testing Linphone - with 2
different service providers. It could be more comfortable to switch from the
one to another, if Linphone had a "switch", where one could replace first
complete set of preferences with the second one - and automatically
disconnect with the provider mentioned in 1st set to that different one
--
                                pozdrawiam / regards

                                                Zbigniew Baniewski

Re: Improvement suggestion

Simon Morlat
Le Jeudi 3 Novembre 2005 22:54, Zbigniew Baniewski a écrit :
> If I may suggest a new feature: I'm still testing Linphone - with 2
> different service providers. It could be more comfortable to switch from
> the one to another, if Linphone had a "switch", where one could replace
> first complete set of preferences with the second one - and automatically
You mean including codec settings ?

On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 05:31:05PM +0100, Simon Morlat wrote:

> You mean including codec settings ?

All of the settings, which can be different, when using several different
services - so, including the codec.

It's about the possibility to rapid switch from one service provider to
another, without even a need to restart Linphone.

Another my proposal is to develop sipomatic in the way, that it could record
- and then replay - someone's words. It'll allow easier testing
functionality of both directions of audio.

And - if I could one more - another idea is to make curses-interface to
linphonec. OK, enough proposals for this time.  ;)
--
                                pozdrawiam / regards

                                                Zbigniew Baniewski

Re: Improvement suggestion

Ari Moisio
Hi!

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005, Zbigniew Baniewski wrote:

> Another my proposal is to develop sipomatic in the way, that it could record
> - and then replay - someone's words. It'll allow easier testing
> functionality of both directions of audio.

   This kind of test  utility would be wery welcome to quickly check
network condition and adjust jitter compensation or select suitable codec.

> And - if I could one more - another idea is to make curses-interface to
> linphonec. OK, enough proposals for this time.  ;)

   Agreed, Gnome applications are not too easy to use with keyboard and
Gnome is slower too. This ui could be ncurses-base or operated via  web
browser.

  --
arimo

Re: Improvement suggestion

Zbigniew Baniewski
On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 09:49:59PM +0200, Ari Moisio wrote:

> >And - if I could one more - another idea is to make curses-interface to
> >linphonec. OK, enough proposals for this time.  ;)
>
>   Agreed, Gnome applications are not too easy to use with keyboard and
> Gnome is slower too. This ui could be ncurses-base or operated via  web
> browser.

In my opinion ncurses-based rather. I appreciate the possibility to use
linphonec in pure text-mode, without a need to even have X-Windows installed.
--
                                pozdrawiam / regards

                                                Zbigniew Baniewski

Re: Improvement suggestion

Simon Morlat
Le Lundi 7 Novembre 2005 17:48, Zbigniew Baniewski a écrit :
> On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 05:31:05PM +0100, Simon Morlat wrote:
> > You mean including codec settings ?
>
> All of the settings, which can be different, when using several different
> services - so, including the codec.
I agree this is a good idea. In other words, having different config files (or
let's say "profile"), and being able to switch from one to another.
It's quite complex and would require big changes into the code.
Added to the TODO list !

> It's about the possibility to rapid switch from one service provider to
> another, without even a need to restart Linphone.
>

> Another my proposal is to develop sipomatic in the way, that it could
> record - and then replay - someone's words. It'll allow easier testing
> functionality of both directions of audio.
Added to the TODO list also

> And - if I could one more - another idea is to make curses-interface to
> linphonec. OK, enough proposals for this time.  ;)
For interfaces, ask to someone else !

Simon