International keyboards in StumpWM

David Bjergaard-2
Hi,

As many of you know, one of the longstanding feature requests for StumpWM is
better support for international/non-english input.  I have done a significant
amount of research on the topic and have discovered that the whole problem has
never been fully explained before (I'm sure some people more familiar with the
problem will correct me on this).  In either case, I've written up my findings
here:
https://dbjergaard.github.io/posts/clx_extensions.html

If anyone wants to contribute or knows of resources I've missed, please chime in
and help!

David

Re: International keyboards in StumpWM

Carlos Konstanski
This is great! Reading your findings, I can't help but ask why further
work on CLX is the chosen path forward. It seems that CLX is a one-off
that should be retired in favor of an FFI-bindings solution.

Carlos