Is any way to warn for unused local or global variables?

Is any way to warn for unused local or global variables?

tinycc-devel mailing list
Hello,
I read the online documentation, but found no option to warn for declared but unused variables. By default TCC don't warns.
I'm missing something, or TCC has no such capability?

Regards,
Zsolt

Re: Is any way to warn for unused local or global variables?

Pascal Cuoq
Hello,

> On 22 Jul 2019, at 22:32, Zsolt Kántor via Tinycc-devel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
> I read the online documentation, but found no option to warn for declared but unused variables. By default TCC don't warns.
> I'm missing something, or TCC has no such capability?

TCC is a minimalistic and fast compiler. Quality warnings require code to produce and make compilation slower. You probably need to use another compiler if you expect such warnings.

Pascal