Keeping SIP Registration Alive

Brightson Jupirik
Hi I m working on a softphone using linphone, i noticed that the linphone-iphone after awhile will terminate it sip registrations while on background.

Where can i look for to disable the SIP Registration Termination. Our SIP server doesn’t support push notification, thus going for background process and yes i know this path will is not practical and consume more battery. But currently this is the direction we are going for now, until the SIP server developer update it with Push Notifications support

Kindly assist me on this, thanks

Re: Keeping SIP Registration Alive

Peio Rigaux

Hello.

I get what you are trying to do but unfortunately now on Android and iOS you must use push notifications for being reached while on background... It's mandatory.

Our SIP server can act like a push gateway to manage push notifications in place of your SIP server, and relay everything else.

We do sell the installation of this service. If you want to know more about it, you can contact our sales team at https://linphone.org/contact#content-bottom3 (click on "contact us").

Regards,

Peio Rigaux
Junior Software Engineer
Linphone.org

Le 11/09/2020 à 10:01, Brightson Jupirik a écrit :
Hi I m working on a softphone using linphone, i noticed that the linphone-iphone after awhile will terminate it sip registrations while on background.

Where can i look for to disable the SIP Registration Termination. Our SIP server doesn’t support push notification, thus going for background process and yes i know this path will is not practical and consume more battery. But currently this is the direction we are going for now, until the SIP server developer update it with Push Notifications support

Kindly assist me on this, thanks

0x99D28356FED78143.asc (3K) Download Attachment