Keydump available

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Keydump available

Gabor Kiss
Dear folks,

I got some 35 GB new disk space in december so I decided to
make keydumps regularly and publish them.

I modified the script sent by Peter Pramberger last year.
(See http://bakacsin.ki.iif.hu/~kissg/tmp/sks-keydump.sh)
The most important issue that I don't stop sks recon daemon
while making a copy of the database.
(Mostly because it does not accept signals! )-:
Instead I run db_hotbackup hoping that it preserves database consistency.

1. Is this true? Did I not make a big mistake?

Daily keydump is available at
http://keys.niif.hu/keydump

2. Could somebody check if it is correct?


3. Any comments and suggestions are welcome. :-)

Thanks

Gabor

_______________________________________________
Sks-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/sks-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Keydump available

Sebastian Urbach
On Sat, 8 Jan 2011 08:30:21 +0100 (CET)
"Kiss Gabor (Bitman)" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Bitman,

> 1. Is this true? Did I not make a big mistake?

This should be fine, as far as i know from Peter / Jens he had this
scripts up and running for quite a long time. Seems to be solid.

I though about daily dumps too when i set the dump up but you should
consider the facts that there is quite a big cpu / memory load if you
run a dump and even on fast machines the dump takes some time.

All that brought me to the conclusion that weekly dumps are enough for
me right now. There are about 200-300 new keys every day or so plus a
few key changes here and there. That seems to be a big server load for
just a few keys every day.

Having in mind that some other people are also running dumps, i set it
up for a different weekday (friday) so that in fact there should be a
quite accurate dump around.

If you are willing to spare that kind of resources it would be
definitely cool for everyone around :-)

Dump away, so to speak ;-)

--

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / yours sincerely

Sebastian Urbach

----------------------------------------------------------
One word of truth shall outweigh the whole world
----------------------------------------------------------
Alexander Issajewitsch Solschenizyn (1918 - 2008)
Mathematiker, Schriftsteller und Nobelpreisträger

_______________________________________________
Sks-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/sks-devel

signature.asc (853 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Keydump available

Gabor Kiss
> > 1. Is this true? Did I not make a big mistake?

(I mean aside grammar. :-( Sorry for my Tarzan English :-)

> This should be fine, as far as i know from Peter / Jens he had this
> scripts up and running for quite a long time. Seems to be solid.

I don't worry about stability but DB consistency.

> I though about daily dumps too when i set the dump up but you should
> consider the facts that there is quite a big cpu / memory load if you
> run a dump and even on fast machines the dump takes some time.
>
> All that brought me to the conclusion that weekly dumps are enough for
> me right now. There are about 200-300 new keys every day or so plus a
> few key changes here and there. That seems to be a big server load for
> just a few keys every day.

Thanks for the clarification.
I decrease the frequency of making dumps.

> Having in mind that some other people are also running dumps, i set it
> up for a different weekday (friday) so that in fact there should be a
> quite accurate dump around.

Is Tuesday time slot free yet? :-)

Gabor

_______________________________________________
Sks-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/sks-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Keydump available

Sebastian Urbach
On Sat, 8 Jan 2011 14:07:06 +0100 (CET)
Gabor Kiss <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

> I don't worry about stability but DB consistency.

Thats also what i ment :-) Should be good. In my experience consistency
and stability had massively improved with bdb4.7 and sks 1.1.1

> > Having in mind that some other people are also running dumps, i set it
> > up for a different weekday (friday) so that in fact there should be a
> > quite accurate dump around.
>
> Is Tuesday time slot free yet? :-)

Hehe, you can of course use every day you want. Afaik these are solid
dumps / servers so far:

ftp.prato.linux.it - every wednesday

http://key-server.de/dump - every friday
(ftp://key-server.de)

Sunday or monday would be a great choice, so there would be at least
every 2-3 days a new dump available and every systems needs to dump just
once a week. The actual truth äh dump would be out there :-)

--

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / yours sincerely

Sebastian Urbach

----------------------------------------------------------
One word of truth shall outweigh the whole world
----------------------------------------------------------
Alexander Issajewitsch Solschenizyn (1918 - 2008)
Mathematiker, Schriftsteller und Nobelpreisträger

_______________________________________________
Sks-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/sks-devel

signature.asc (853 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Keydump available

Javier Henderson-3

On Jan 8, 2011, at 8:23 AM, Sebastian Urbach wrote:

> Sunday or monday would be a great choice, so there would be at least
> every 2-3 days a new dump available and every systems needs to dump just
> once a week.

I can do that. Where do I find the scripts?

-jav



_______________________________________________
Sks-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/sks-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Keydump available

Gabor Kiss
In reply to this post by Sebastian Urbach
> > Is Tuesday time slot free yet? :-)
>
> Hehe, you can of course use every day you want. Afaik these are solid
> dumps / servers so far:
>
> ftp.prato.linux.it - every wednesday
>
> http://key-server.de/dump - every friday
> (ftp://key-server.de)
>
> Sunday or monday would be a great choice, so there would be at least

Well. Monday is mine. :)

Gabor
--
A mug of beer, please. Shaken, not stirred.

_______________________________________________
Sks-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/sks-devel