Keyserver pool

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Keyserver pool

Kristian Fiskerstrand-4
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Greetings.

As I mentioned slightly in my previous post, I have started a new
project, due to some discussions on this list. What I got so far can be
found at http://sks-keyservers.net , but what should be of most interest
is the HKP keyserver pool hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net .

The pool is a round-robin DNS with IP-addresses updated twise a day
based on the information displayed at http://sks-keyservers.net/status/ .

Only keyservers that are found to respond when pulling this data are
included in the zone, and keyservers reporting to lack more than 500
keys as compared to one of my own keyservers, keys.kfwebs.net are excluded.

Now, what I would like to know is if anyone is interested in such a
project, before I continue investing time in it. Any comment is
appreciated, either in the newsgroup itself for a debate or through
email (my email address is found in OpenPGP key 0x6b0b9508)

Yours sincerely,
- --
- ----------------------------
Kristian Fiskerstrand
http://www.kfwebs.net
- ----------------------------
http://www.secure-my-email.com
http://www.secure-my-internet.com


-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.1 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
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=4lOs
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----



_______________________________________________
Sks-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/sks-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Keyserver pool

Peter Palfrader-2
On Sun, 03 Dec 2006, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:

> The pool is a round-robin DNS with IP-addresses updated twise a day
> based on the information displayed at http://sks-keyservers.net/status/ .

Very nice.

Another thing which I would like to see very much is some sort of
meta-status page.  I.e. for my keyserver, keyserver.noreply.org, I want
to know which peers are "bad".

Bad here means either that they don't list me as a peer, in which case I
should prod them, or remove them from my membership file,
or that they are simply down, broken, or otherwise not functional.

It would also help if that information was supplemented with some sort
of timestamp.  Like "Excluded from the pool because of <whatever> since
<date>".

Maybe that could be added?

Cheers,
Peter
--
                           |  .''`.  ** Debian GNU/Linux **
      Peter Palfrader      | : :' :      The  universal
 http://www.palfrader.org/ | `. `'      Operating System
                           |   `-    http://www.debian.org/


_______________________________________________
Sks-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/sks-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Keyserver pool

Kristian Fiskerstrand-4
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA256

Peter Palfrader wrote, On 12/20/2006 02:41 AM:

> On Sun, 03 Dec 2006, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
>
>> The pool is a round-robin DNS with IP-addresses updated twise a day
>> based on the information displayed at http://sks-keyservers.net/status/ .
>
> Very nice.
>
> Another thing which I would like to see very much is some sort of
> meta-status page.  I.e. for my keyserver, keyserver.noreply.org, I want
> to know which peers are "bad".
>
> Bad here means either that they don't list me as a peer, in which case I
> should prod them, or remove them from my membership file,
> or that they are simply down, broken, or otherwise not functional.
>
> It would also help if that information was supplemented with some sort
> of timestamp.  Like "Excluded from the pool because of <whatever> since
> <date>".
>
> Maybe that could be added?

Something like http://sks-keyservers.net/status/info/keyserver.noreply.org ?

- --
- ----------------------------
Kristian Fiskerstrand
http://www.kfwebs.net
- ----------------------------
http://www.secure-my-email.com
http://www.secure-my-internet.com


-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.1 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
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=ruO9
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----



_______________________________________________
Sks-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/sks-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: Keyserver pool

Peter Palfrader-2
On Wed, 20 Dec 2006, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:

> Something like http://sks-keyservers.net/status/info/keyserver.noreply.org ?

Hmm :)

Thanks
--
                           |  .''`.  ** Debian GNU/Linux **
      Peter Palfrader      | : :' :      The  universal
 http://www.palfrader.org/ | `. `'      Operating System
                           |   `-    http://www.debian.org/


_______________________________________________
Sks-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/sks-devel