Last call before release of rdiff-backup 2.0.0

Last call before release of rdiff-backup 2.0.0

EricZolf
Hi,

as I write these lines, the last MR closing the last issue marked for
milestone 2.0.0 is being tested (it'll deploy automatically the release
to PyPI, yeah!).

Before this can become reality, a few things need to happen:

1. someone needs to review my 4 PRs at [1] - I can merge myself but I
can't review myself (well, I don't want to)
2. @zjw - you have 2 MRs waiting for updates after review - I'd like to
take them with this release. When are you able to address them?
3. @ottok - similar question for [2] - we currently have inconsistently
versioned Debian packages.
4. anybody needs to test, test, test! At this stage, we'll address only
critical bugs not already present in 1.2.8.

Thanks everybody for your support, we're almost there,
Eric

[1] https://github.com/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup/pulls
[2] https://github.com/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup/issues/252

Re: Last call before release of rdiff-backup 2.0.0

Otto Kekäläinen
Thanks for you work Eric!

I'll check those PRs.

Everybody else hopefully helps out with testing the development
version: https://github.com/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup#installing-the-latest-development-version

If there are many who care about backwards compatibility, the least
those people could contribute is by doing manual backwards
compatibility testing – or ideally extend our Travis-CI to include
automatic backwards compatibility testing.

Re: Last call before release of rdiff-backup 2.0.0

EricZolf

as a further side note, test.pypi.org hold now the betas as well and as
wheel (ha!), but also as source. rdiff-backup is now one pip command
away (with or without --user):

pip install -i https://test.pypi.org/simple/ rdiff-backup==1.9.0b1.dev8

See https://test.pypi.org/project/rdiff-backup/1.9.0b1.dev8/ for details.

Further betas and the final release will be available from the
"production" PyPI server so that you won't need the `-i` option to install.

KR, Eric

--
please do _not_ put me in copy on rdiff-backup-users,
it just confuses my filters. Thanks.