Liblinphone Java

Roger Kreienbühl
Hi everyone

I want to develop a java program that can connect to a SIP server and doing audio calls. Therefore I am searching for a Java API/SDK to build this. Because I know Liblinphone from Python, I am thinking, if the Java wrapper itself can be used? Or can the Android SDK be used in normal Java EE programs?

Kind regards
Roger

Re: Liblinphone Java

Sylvain Berfini
Hi Roger,

The Android SDK will probably not work because the packaging is specific
to Android (AAR format), but the Java wrapper doesn't use any Android
API (except for the Factory class), so it may work.

Clone the linphone-sdk repository, build it for the desktop target of
your choice (don't forget to manually enable the Java wrapper as it
isn't default on desktop) and you will need to do the packaging yourself.

Cheers,