Lin Phone Android App Size

Nidhin Vasudev
Hi,

I created an android app using lin phone SDK. After generating the apk the size is around 38MB.

https://github.com/BelledonneCommunications/linphone-android/issues/885

Is it means that if I take an app bundle and upload it to the play store the size will reduce?

--

Thank You.

Re: Lin Phone Android App Size

Sylvain Berfini

Hi,

Yes, our SDK is quite large because it embeds libraries for multiple architectures.
However, using an app bundle, Google will generate multiple APKs containing only the libraries for the actual architecture of the device, reducing the size. Our latest release weights 17Mo with app bundle instead of 38Mo in APK.

Cheers,

Sylvain Berfini Software Engineer @ Belledonne Communications