Linking a number

linphone-users mailing list
Good afternoon. I installed Linphone on Android, but I can't link the phone number. I am in Belarus (+375).

Re: Linking a number

linphone-users mailing list
It depends on who your provider is.

When I signed up with VOIPO, I was unable to make calls until I enabled
External Caller ID.

On 1/8/21 2:58 PM, fukidid--- via Linphone-users wrote:
> Good afternoon. I installed Linphone on Android, but I can't link the phone number. I am in Belarus (+375).

publickey - masstransitkrow@365stops.org - 20be2ea5.asc (928 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Linking a number

Peio Rigaux

Hello. I would need a log message.

To get it, you must select the "previous" arrow in the top left corner.

Then enable logs in the side menu : settings > advanced.
Re-try to link your number, then go to side menu : about > send logs

I can also track your number on the server to see what happened. You can give it to me in a 1 to 1 email.

Regards,

Peio Rigaux
Junior Software Engineer
Linphone.org

Le 08/01/2021 à 20:58, fukidid--- via Linphone-users a écrit :
Good afternoon. I installed Linphone on Android, but I can't link the phone number. I am in Belarus (+375).

0x99D28356FED78143.asc (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Linking a number

linphone-users mailing list
It might be better to send this link:
https://github.com/BelledonneCommunications/linphone-android/issues/1268#issuecomment-759429517
For some reason, OVH does not send SMS messages to Belarus. I hope that this will be corrected. Maybe you should use alternative channels besides SMS, for example, Google Duo? It will also be cheaper.

Re: Linking a number

linphone-users mailing list
Thank you for sharing that.

I can't in good faith recommend any G----- or Facebook service due to
the privacy implications involved.

May I recommend Signal, Telegram, or Briar instead for those who share
this sentiment?