Linphone 4.2.3 cannot make calls

Mark Murawski
Issue:
1) Create sip account
3) Successful register
4) Phone can receive calls
5) Phone cannot place phone calls

https://www.linphone.org:444//tmp/5f9d96cd3aae7_aae067bc180900811cf9.gz

Server-side pcap
https://file.io/QCiODB2d5veN

I'm seeing a lot of fragmentation and no complete INVITE packets

I can set up the exact same account with MicroSIP or any other soft
phone and I have no issue.

Re: Linphone 4.2.3 cannot make calls

Mark Murawski
I realized that file.io will delete the file after one download.
This will be available for 1 week:
https://filebin.net/f783ai6a1br9le8r/broken.pcap?t=ixkr0f1a

On 10/31/20 1:41 PM, Mark Murawski wrote:

> Issue:
> 1) Create sip account
> 3) Successful register
> 4) Phone can receive calls
> 5) Phone cannot place phone calls
>

> https://www.linphone.org:444//tmp/5f9d96cd3aae7_aae067bc180900811cf9.gz
>
> Server-side pcap
> https://file.io/QCiODB2d5veN
>
> I'm seeing a lot of fragmentation and no complete INVITE packets
>
> I can set up the exact same account with MicroSIP or any other soft
> phone and I have no issue.

Re: Linphone 4.2.3 cannot make calls

Peio Rigaux

Hello.

Sorry for the belated reply. I have been very busy in the last months.

I suggest you to look at our Good practices wiki page. Using UDP is very discouraged, because of fragmentation issues and SIP-aware router behaving weirdly.

Please try to connect with SIP/TLS if you can. If you can't, please provide me again client logs, server logs, and new pcap.

Note that SIP over UDP isn't our common use case of Linphone, and as such, this potential issue will not be prioritized.

Regards.

Peio Rigaux
Junior Software Engineer
Linphone.org

Le 31/10/2020 à 18:43, Mark Murawski a écrit :
I realized that file.io will delete the file after one download.
This will be available for 1 week:
https://filebin.net/f783ai6a1br9le8r/broken.pcap?t=ixkr0f1a

On 10/31/20 1:41 PM, Mark Murawski wrote:
Issue:
1) Create sip account
3) Successful register
4) Phone can receive calls
5) Phone cannot place phone calls

https://www.linphone.org:444//tmp/5f9d96cd3aae7_aae067bc180900811cf9.gz

Server-side pcap
https://file.io/QCiODB2d5veN

I'm seeing a lot of fragmentation and no complete INVITE packets

I can set up the exact same account with MicroSIP or any other soft phone and I have no issue.

0x99D28356FED78143.asc (3K) Download Attachment