Linphone 4.2 beta is on the way

Julien Wadel
Hello everybody,

Thanks to the community's contribution on Transifex, the application
includes now 15 languages :
Chinese, Danish, French, English, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese,
Lithuanian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian
Please note that these translations have not been reviewed so far and
are mostly only user based.

Some bug fixes are done like unseen configuration, stability and logs
issues. You can now fully use the "Send log" button in the settings to
upload your log file on server and send the link by Email when your
Mailer open.

You can find the current version by following the links below :
- Linux :
https://www.linphone.org/snapshots/AppImages/Linphone-4.2.0-alpha.29+ce58ce0.AppImage
(don't forget to use "chmod +x" if it's not the case)
- Windows :
https://www.linphone.org/snapshots/windows/app/Linphone-4.2.0-alpha.29+ce58ce03-win32.exe
- MacOsX :
https://www.linphone.org/snapshots/macosx/app/Linphone-4.2.0-alpha.29+ce58ce03-mac.dmg

For reporting issues, you can :
- Upload your logs with the button in settings and copy/paste the link
or send them by email when your mailer popup
- Retrieve better logs by launching the app with --verbose like
`linphone.exe --verbose`, ./Linphone.app/Contents/MacOS/linphone
--verbose` or `./Linphone-4.2.0-alpha.29+ce58ce0.AppImage --verbose`
- Give some details about the version and the OS you are using
- Post the issue to the github repository :
https://github.com/BelledonneCommunications/linphone-desktop
- If you guess that the bug is more about the SDK, you could post the
issue there : https://github.com/BelledonneCommunications/linphone-sdk

In the case you would like to watch over next versions, you can follow
these links :
- Linux : https://www.linphone.org/snapshots/AppImages/
- Windows : https://www.linphone.org/snapshots/windows/app/
- MacOsX : https://www.linphone.org/snapshots/macosx/app/
And the repository of Transifex is at
https://www.transifex.com/belledonne-communications/linphone-desktop/languages/

Thanks for your interest in Linphone.

Re: [Linphone-developers] Linphone 4.2 beta is on the way

David Pirotte
Hello,

> Some bug fixes are done like unseen configuration

None of the snapshots I tried, including this latest 4.2.0-alpha.29.xxx
was/is able to find (on 'its own') and reuse a previous account def,
config, contact and history chat.

I tried to 'manually do that', but couldn't find any documentation on
what files should I grab, where to put them for the new snapshots ...
all my attempts failed so far.

Can someone tell me what I should do to make it so?

Thanks you so much,
David