Linphone Technical Assistance

Jamie Hullah
Good Afternoon,

I'm contacting you from Sports Telecomm a telecoms company based in the UK.

We are looking to promote your platform with our Voip system but I'm struggling to find any technical information that would assist me in this.

I've downloaded the desktop client on my PC and have managed to register a licence to it but have so far experienced the following issues:
  • Receiving random calls from unknown numbers
  • Able to call mobile numbers but unable to call geographic numbers
Can you please send any set up information you have and advise on how I can resolve the issue above?

Kindest Regards

Jamie Hullah
Sales & Service Director

Tel: 01937 343949
Tel: 01539 540016
Email: jamiehullah[hidden email]
https://www.facebook.com/SportsTelecomm/

Re: Linphone Technical Assistance

Marc Bohets
Linphone is a SIP client softphone.
The first thing to do is to have your technical people take SIP traces of those calls and see what is happening in the protocol trace.
Install Wireshark on the same pc you use to make the phone calls to analyze what is happening
As a telecom operator, you should have some technical people capable of analyzing sip traces on your payroll.

I worked in a VoIP engineering function at a large telecom operator in Belgium, and I can tell you that normalizing the number format of
called and calling number formats in your VoIP system is very important to make it work even if your clients send numbers in different  numbering formats  (E164, national with and without leading zero, ....)
This will save you tons of support calls to your helpdesk.