Linphone forgets the password often lately

Linphone forgets the password often lately

Bryce Adams
HI

I am using Linphone Desktop 4.1.1 - Qt5.9.0 Core 3.12.0 on Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.3 and Linphone often forgets my SIP account password lately.

Is anyone else having any issue?

Kind regards

Bryce Adams
New Zealand

Re: Linphone forgets the password often lately

Russell Treleaven
How do you know it forgets your password?
Does it remember the password after it forgets it without it being reset?

On Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 3:32 PM, Bryce Adams <[hidden email]> wrote:
HI

I am using Linphone Desktop 4.1.1 - Qt5.9.0 Core 3.12.0 on Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.3 and Linphone often forgets my SIP account password lately.

Is anyone else having any issue?

Kind regards

Bryce Adams
New Zealand

Sincerely,

Russell Treleaven

Re: Linphone forgets the password often lately

Bryce Adams
Hi Russell

It comes up with the pop-up box saying it can't authenticate and I have to put the password in for it to work again.

Thanks

Bryce

On 25 February 2018 at 11:03, Russell Treleaven <[hidden email]> wrote:
How do you know it forgets your password?
Does it remember the password after it forgets it without it being reset?

On Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 3:32 PM, Bryce Adams <[hidden email]> wrote:
HI

I am using Linphone Desktop 4.1.1 - Qt5.9.0 Core 3.12.0 on Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.3 and Linphone often forgets my SIP account password lately.

Is anyone else having any issue?

Kind regards

Bryce Adams
New Zealand

Sincerely,

Russell Treleaven

Re: Linphone forgets the password often lately

Russell Treleaven
Does this happen when you
register
make a call
send and instant message
or some combination of the above?

Is it just one domain that you are having problems with?

On Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 7:41 PM, Bryce Adams <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

It just seems to pop up randomly, not after performing any action.

Maybe it's something with my VOIP provider but I thought I would ask the group.

It's not a big deal, just a bit annoying.

Thanks

Bryce

On 25 February 2018 at 14:13, Russell Treleaven <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

The only thing that happens without an action that requires authentication is registration.
If registration failed 100% of the time then I would say the password that linphone stores is incorrect.
If it fails randomly then the issue may be at the provider.
If its not the provider then something interesting is going on.
Would need to see a log to investigate further.

On Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 9:12 PM, Bryce Adams <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Anatoli
I'm experiencing this too from time to time. When there's some problem with registration (a temporary error), Linphone shows the login popup, but it doesn't place in the password field the current password for the user to just click "ok" or "retry". This is the actual issue.

The common behavior for most apps it to show the login popup prefilled with the current user/pass and the buttons Login and Cancel (Thunderbird shows Retry/Change pass/Cancel). If the user clicks Cancel, the app will try to login again after some time with the user/password unchanged. Linphone just deletes the current password on login failure requiring the user to retype it again.

Re: Linphone forgets the password often lately

Bryce Adams
Thanks Russell

I just turned the log recording on.

Regards

Bryce

On 25 February 2018 at 15:21, Russell Treleaven <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Anatoli

Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

Are you using Linphone on a Mac too?

Regards

Bryce

On 25 February 2018 at 16:19, Anatoli <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm experiencing this too from time to time. When there's some problem with registration (a temporary error), Linphone shows the login popup, but it doesn't place in the password field the current password for the user to just click "ok" or "retry". This is the actual issue.

The common behavior for most apps it to show the login popup prefilled with the current user/pass and the buttons Login and Cancel (Thunderbird shows Retry/Change pass/Cancel). If the user clicks Cancel, the app will try to login again after some time with the user/password unchanged. Linphone just deletes the current password on login failure requiring the user to retype it again.

Re: Linphone forgets the password often lately

Christopher Woods
Sounds like a permissions issue. Are you running it accidentally from the DMG or is it installed not in Applications?

Also check the file permissions on the Linphone folder and files, perhaps they're incorrectly set read-only.

Don't use it on Mac myself but that's what I'd check first. Good luck...

On 25 Feb 2018 00:42, "Bryce Adams" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Bryce,

For me it happens on iOS mainly, just on rare occasions when something glitches in the middle, but I suppose the behavior to delete the pass on registration failure is the same in all Linphone versions.

Regards,
Anatoli

On 25 February 2018 at 16:19, Anatoli <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm experiencing this too from time to time. When there's some problem with registration (a temporary error), Linphone shows the login popup, but it doesn't place in the password field the current password for the user to just click "ok" or "retry". This is the actual issue.

The common behavior for most apps it to show the login popup prefilled with the current user/pass and the buttons Login and Cancel (Thunderbird shows Retry/Change pass/Cancel). If the user clicks Cancel, the app will try to login again after some time with the user/password unchanged. Linphone just deletes the current password on login failure requiring the user to retype it again.

Re: Linphone forgets the password often lately

Bryce Adams
Thanks Anatoli

Linphone stopped working on my iPhone since iOS10 came out - haven't tried again recently. "Registration failure"

Cheers

Bryce