[Linux] Initiating a call from the cmdline

[Linux] Initiating a call from the cmdline

Rainer Dorsch-2
Hello,

I was looking for a way to start calls from the cmdline and I found linphonec
and linphonecsh. None of them seems to start the call in a (running) desktop
UI though. This would be very useful though for initiating a call from e.g. a
standalone addressbook.

An example for that is e.g. twinkle can be used to initiate a call directly
from kaddressbook using the cmd

twinkle --call %N --immediate

where the manpage describes

      --call <address>

             Instruct Twinkle to call the address.  When Twinkle is already
running, this will instruct the running process to call the address.  The
address may be a full or partial SIP URI. A partial SIP URI will be completed
with the information from the user profile.

             A subject may be passed by appending '?subject=<subject>' to the
address.

             Examples: twinkle --call 123456 twinkle --call
sip:[hidden email]?subject=hello

Many thanks
Rainer

--
Rainer Dorsch
http://bokomoko.de/

Re: [Linux] Initiating a call from the cmdline

Tracy Briscoe
Hi Rainer

Try:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Linphone\bin\linphone.exe --workdir "C:\Program Files (x86)\Linphone" --call  <SIPAddress>

Regards,
Tracy Briscoe
Network and Systems Engineer
St Peter's School, Cambridge

[...]

Note: This communication may contain privileged and confidential information intended only for the addressee named above. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author. If you have received this message in error, we request you delete the message and notify the sender. Please do not distribute, copy or disclose any information. This e-mail has been scanned for viruses but all liability for viruses or similar in any attachment or message is excluded.

St Peter's School, Cambridge, New Zealand
Telephone: 647 827 9899 Fax: 647 827 9812
Website: www.stpeters.school.nz<http://www.stpeters.school.nz/>

Re: [Linux] Initiating a call from the cmdline

Rainer Dorsch-3
Hi Tracy,

many thanks for your reply.

$ linphone --call +491723596577